• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

new machines at Sheffield Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCC106

Established Member
Wonder if it's because I posted a pic? :D And it was that pic that I showed to the conductor. Also, got it wrong, he told me he was a TU rep, not a member. Anyway, yes, it would be interesting to know what WOULD happen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Might be a while before you can get one ITSO smartcard to work in different areas - it is not the technology itself that is the problem but more the behind the scenes work (such as how to allocate payments) that needs looking at.

lyesbkz

Might be a while before you can get one ITSO smartcard to work in different areas

Might be a while before you can get one ITSO smartcard to work in one area!

Tried at a TVM today in Sheffield, and was offered only child fares! I gave them a ring and they said they were "aware of the problem" and to buy a paper ticket instead.

button_boxer

Established Member
Might be a while before you can get one ITSO smartcard to work in different areas - it is not the technology itself that is the problem but more the behind the scenes work (such as how to allocate payments) that needs looking at.

For a PAYG-style system with a stored balance I agree, but surely for systems like the EMT one where you simply load tickets onto the card instead of printing them on paper it shouldn't matter whether the card is printed with Stagecoach/Arriva/whatever branding?

Status
Not open for further replies.