• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New May 2020 Network Rail timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Turner

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llandudno

Established Member
I’ve just downloaded the new May 2020 Network Rail timetable and as I mentioned in a message FIVE YEARS ago, the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (Monday to Friday) still isn’t shown in Table 65. Its not been shown since it was replanned to run non stop from Euston to Runcorn. Is this a record for a mistake?

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/the-timetable/electronic-national-rail-timetable/
It will probably be beaten in May 2021, six years after you highlighted the omission!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Barry Doe, the Fares expert, and who writes in Rail Magazine use to more or less proof read a new Timetable. There was one omission that cropped up every time and he used to point this out to Network Rail. The next time round and the next still not corrected..

Reoccurring errors seem to be a regular occurrence. A few years ago I proof read several timetables and the same errors cropped up frequently. More often than not, once reported the errors would still appear in the published PDFs. Still, they give a good idea of services.

MikeWM

Established Member
I see there are maps back, though in a rather different format from the old ones. Has anyone found a way to download them all in one go - going through each one individually isn't going to be much fun...

Other than that, I must make my usually complaints (for the sake of tradition!) - why is there still no sleeper table? Why are there no information pages (eg. for london connection times?) And why isn't there there a one-volume option anymore? :)

duffield

Established Member
I see there are maps back, though in a rather different format from the old ones. Has anyone found a way to download them all in one go - going through each one individually isn't going to be much fun...

Although I haven't used them, there are browser addons that seem to do exactly what you want.
For example, 'DownThemAll' for Firefox and 'Simple Mass Downloader' for Chrome (picked these two because they seem popular; others may be better).

Last edited:
Well spotted - I hadn't noticed these. They're very different to previous maps, but I'm sure many will view them as a very welcome addition.

berneyarms

Established Member
I’ve just downloaded the new May 2020 Network Rail timetable and as I mentioned in a message FIVE YEARS ago, the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (Monday to Friday) still isn’t shown in Table 65. Its not been shown since it was replanned to run non stop from Euston to Runcorn. Is this a record for a mistake?

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/the-timetable/electronic-national-rail-timetable/

There is clearly something awry with the search criteria that they’re using to pull the information into the table.

That’s the only train that goes non-stop to Runcorn so clearly that must (wrongly) be outside the search criteria. It’s a stupid mistake, but nevertheless it’s a mistake that should be easily rectified.

berneyarms

Established Member

Other than that, I must make my usually complaints (for the sake of tradition!) - why is there still no sleeper table? Why are there no information pages (eg. for london connection times?) And why isn't there there a one-volume option anymore? :)
The full set of maps are now available to download in a zip file from the Network Rail site. It's at the bottom of the list of routes.

berneyarms

Established Member
The Summer 2020 working timetable is available to download from the Network Rail site in a zip file, which is at the bottom of the list of folders.

berneyarms

Established Member
TFW haven't even bothered to post a May 2020 Timetable on their Website
Most of the TOCs haven’t published the May timetable pdfs yet.

They’re either publishing the temporary ones or referring people to the journey planner.

I wouldn’t expect to see the full May timetable pdfs appear for each TOC until they actually are being operated in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.