• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-train

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself (unofficially of course). I am very new to this and I am in the early stages of my journey to hopefully one day becoming a train driver. Currently this consists of research, lots of reading and videos but I have to say I am completely engrossed in it all.
I am a long way off from even looking at applying although I am already under the impression that trainee train driver positions are hard to come by.

I am one day looking to apply for a position in the Leeds area so my choices are limited.

I never thought of myself as a wannabe train driver and currently my job is a world away from that however I believe I may have found my calling. Although I am a female and I am hopeful this will not decrease my chances, I really do look forward to learning all I can.

Any advice would be helpful and I look forward joining in on discussions with you all.

Thanks again

T x

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave1987

On Moderation
Hi, being female should make no difference what so ever, you have just as much chance at being accepted into a trainee position as anyone else. Suggest you read the thread that is a sticky at the top 'Becoming a train driver'. Vast amounts of info on there for you.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself (unofficially of course). I am very new to this and I am in the early stages of my journey to hopefully one day becoming a train driver. Currently this consists of research, lots of reading and videos but I have to say I am completely engrossed in it all.
I am a long way off from even looking at applying although I am already under the impression that trainee train driver positions are hard to come by.

I am one day looking to apply for a position in the Leeds area so my choices are limited.

I never thought of myself as a wannabe train driver and currently my job is a world away from that however I believe I may have found my calling. Although I am a female and I am hopeful this will not decrease my chances, I really do look forward to learning all I can.

Any advice would be helpful and I look forward joining in on discussions with you all.

Thanks again

T x

Welcome aboard, T-train..

You've certainly come to the right place for help as this place has drivers, guards, signal men, track workers and enthusiasts... I'm sure we can help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.