• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Merseyrail Stock - 8 car workings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovverboy

Established Member
they need 50 units for service per weekday now
I can only account for 47:
37 basic off-peak service
4 sets doubled-up at peak on Southport - Hunts Cross
3 sets doubled-up at peak on Liverpool Central - Ormskirk
3 additional diagrams at peak, Moorfields - Hooton/Ellesmere Port

I'm sure there used to be doubles on West Kirby at peak, but I can't find any now. Where am I going wrong?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Statto

Established Member

I'm sure there used to be doubles on West Kirby at peak, but I can't find any now. Where am I going wrong?

The West Kirby double set, used to be one set that did 2 round trips each peak.

bramling

Veteran Member
The West Kirby double set, used to be one set that did 2 round trips each peak.

I’m sure at some point there used to be a peak extra Liverpool Central to Southport journey, which the current timetable doesn’t seem to have. This could of course have gone towards lengthening something else.

jamesst

6 sets double up at peak on the Southport line.

Bovverboy

Established Member
6 sets double up at peak on the Southport line.

Yes, that would seem to be the case. Two of the extra units come from the Carriage Sidings (at Southport) and couple to single units which are already in service, and four come as already made up doubles - that was what I had missed.
We're still one short of your stated total of fifty units, though.

bramling

Veteran Member
Yes, that would seem to be the case. Two of the extra units come from the Carriage Sidings (at Southport) and couple to single units which are already in service, and four come as already made up doubles - that was what I had missed.

The 50th could well be the West Kirby 6-car, which seems to have been binned within the last year or so.

Bovverboy

Established Member
I should add, I've only considered the PM peak, there could be an AM-only diagram, I suppose. Anyway, whether it's 49 or 50 units out at peak at the moment it's still too many to provide from a fleet of 52, so someone's proposing to prune a few diagrams.

jamesst

Sorry, its classed as 50 units to be available. I'm assuming the 50th is classed as a hot spare.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Could this be moved to the Allocations, Diagrams and Timetables thread as there is already a post in here about the 777s themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.