• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
A very good choice for a moderator, congratulations Greenback, well deserved. <:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Betya £5 that by tea time, Dangermouse and Penfold get banned :(

Well done matey :)

David

Established Member
RailUK Forums continues to grow at a rapid rate, and two months ago we invited expressions of interest for a potential position of forum Moderator.

We had some excellent candidates, and having identified a need for a new position, a decision has been made to appoint Greenback as forum Moderator, with immediate effect.

Run for the hills, we're doomed!

PS. Have a look at the special button he has now got on his keyboard ....

th_BanButton.gif

Ivo

Established Member
I didn't know what to make of being turned down, but seeing this shows that the staff really do have the best interests of us all at heart (or as close as is reasonably possible). Few if any other candidates would have made for a better choice.

Baron Greenback anyone?

Betya £5 that by tea time, Dangermouse and Penfold get banned :(

:lol:

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
I suspect a discussion on Wolmar's column might run to at least 20 pages...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Probably, but if my memory can be trusted Modern Railways didn't used to be as dry and technical as it is now (Ian Walmsley is an exception, though I haven't read the mag for a few months).

If no ones said it, Congratulations on becoming a moderator Greenback,are you the first mod from Wales(although a West Wales hunto:))

I hope im not your first problem:p, anyhow well done.

Bob

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
An excellent decision by the staff team!
And an excellent decision by Greenback - when will you be making your 'Acceptance Speech'?

Will we get a SPEECH!? :D

Ahem. I would just like to say that I was very pleased to have even been considered to be a moderator, and delighted to have been chosen.

To those who put themselves forward and were not selected, it's a pity there were not more opportunities available at this time. Perhaps there will be in the near future if the forum continues to grow.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
What about thanking your mum and dad, family, employer, agent and cat? Or is that just the Oscars?

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Pah!

That's not a proper speech.

We want tears, we want, as ralph says, thanks to everyone who ever helped, and to those who didn't, we want rousing hopes for a shining career and above all, we want promises of unachievable (but equally forgettable) visions of moderation to come, leaving us all swooning with inspiration!

Try again.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Can I just add Greenback that it is quite impressive to be born in 1966 and still only be 43 years old ;) - I think you may want to take a look at your About Me.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Pah!

That's not a proper speech.

We want tears, we want, as ralph says, thanks to everyone who ever helped, and to those who didn't, we want rousing hopes for a shining career and above all, we want promises of unachievable (but equally forgettable) visions of moderation to come, leaving us all swooning with inspiration!

Try again.

I completely agree!

I'm very disappointed Greenback :(

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Corporate sell out! boooooo! You used to be, like, cool and everything, now you are just working for the man! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well done Greenback & good luck! - A good choice all round i think

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
To those bemoaning the fact that his name is now in Red, why were there no problems when it was Blue? ;)

Congratulations, by the way.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Ralph, yes, just for the Oscars, but sadly my participation in a student film in the 1990's didn't get me a nomination!

Dave, I would like to thank the midwife who helped at my birth, the manufacturers of rusks, without which I would not be the toad that I am today, my first ever best friend, Emma, oh I haven't got time for this!!!

As for my age, I shall look at that, but I think it is a very good age for a toad, so I will plead that as my defence!

Status
Not open for further replies.