• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Northern signage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriso

So far i am aware of Cottingham, Manors , Ravenglass and Seaham having the new signage is anybody aware of any other stations that have been done also at the stations which have been done have Northern also put in place new information boards with Northern signage too or do they retain the old Regional Railways ones.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So far i am aware of Cottingham, Manors , Ravenglass and Seaham having the new signage is anybody aware of any other stations that have been done also at the stations which have been done have Northern also put in place new information boards with Northern signage too or do they retain the old Regional Railways ones.

Thanks

At Cottingham the old info boards have been retained. I'll let you know if any more new signage appears in the Hull area :)

Kris

I caught a Northern train from Guiseley yesterday and I thought Northern have made quite a good job of their stations. They even had pictures of the old station in the waiting room along with vending machines (this was the opposite side to the main ticket office). It'd all be vandalised down here.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I caught a Northern train from Guiseley yesterday and I thought Northern have made quite a good job of their stations. They even had pictures of the old station in the waiting room along with vending machines (this was the opposite side to the main ticket office). It'd all be vandalised down here.

Mind you thats in WYPTE area so there's more money available for nice waiting rooms and vending machines etc.

Beverley has new signage too - who's betting that all of the Yorkshire Coast has been done? Does anybody have any more definite info about this?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Are they tryna get this done on all Nothern lines? Wouldn't mind some new Buxton signage!

Chriso

Its really bizare it seams as though the most under served stations are taking priority over the main ones. From what i can make out Northern seem to be resigning more North eastern stations than North West (The only north west station rebranded that i know of is Ravenglass) although its great to see the likes of Rochdale, Wilmslow and Ashton under Lyme finally get C.I.S.

Darandio

Established Member
Its really bizare it seams as though the most under served stations are taking priority over the main ones. From what i can make out Northern seem to be resigning more North eastern stations than North West (The only north west station rebranded that i know of is Ravenglass) although its great to see the likes of Rochdale, Wilmslow and Ashton under Lyme finally get C.I.S.

Would agree with the point of the most under served stations being done first. At least they are on the Darlington - Saltburn route. Allens West doesn't have very many passengers or services calling and Eaglescliffe is in decline.

The Snap

Established Member
Don't suppose any of you guys could get me a few shots of the new signage and info boards could you? I need some for BVE textures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Darandio

Established Member
Don't suppose any of you guys could get me a few shots of the new signage and info boards could you? I need some for BVE textures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

I think I may be passing through Allens West and Eaglescliffe at the end of this week so I will remember to take some pics. Obviously somebody else may get you some before then though.

The Snap

Established Member
I think I may be passing through Allens West and Eaglescliffe at the end of this week so I will remember to take some pics. Obviously somebody else may get you some before then though.

Cheers mate! :D

The Snap

Established Member

Jordy and Tom Curry have helped me out now, so don't worry about it.

Thanks anyway. :)

Jordy

Established Member
Also noted some today at New Clee and Grimsby Docks! With that in mind i'd guess there'll be some on the line up to Barton Upon Humber

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Also noted some today at New Clee and Grimsby Docks! With that in mind i'd guess there'll be some on the line up to Barton Upon Humber

Jordy

All stations between Hull & South Milford (except Brough and Selby), Hull & Filey and Gilberdyke & Goole have been done now!

Chriso

Burscough Junction has a variation which also mentions Lancashire county council.

Darandio

Established Member
I know the thread has been dead a while but Redcar Central has new signage. Were moving up!

Status
Not open for further replies.