• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Oyster Card already registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone76

Last year I went to Liverpool Street National Rail ticket office and got a new Oyster card and added the PRIV NR Only discount and some PAYG credit.

I wanted to register the account, however, the TfL website told me the card was already registered.

I gave the helpline a call and they said I would have been given a password/code/PIN when I was given the card, however, I know I wasn't as I would have recorded it at the time.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a straight forward solution?

They said I could run down the card, get a new card and ensure they give me the password, but this seems a cack handed, long winded way to do this. Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Get a new Oystercard online or at a station or wherever, so you put your own password etc on it. Get your Priv discount put on it. Hand your existing Oystercard in for a refund. Don't try to explain to staff about Priv discounts, as they generally don't seem to have a clue

iphone76

I got this resolved. Called up the helpline again and after a 10 minute cryptic phone call I obtained my secret word and I was able to register the card online. Feel free to close this thread. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.