• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Process Added for Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailwaysRus

Hi guys, new to rail forum. Made an account to join in the discussions. I wonder - does anyone know of this "Pre interview" stage which Train Drivers I've spoken to haven't heard of themselves. I've attached a screen shot of the email/message of interview details.

If anyone knows of it, what it entails, what to expect. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• trainee train driver pre interview.png
    trainee train driver pre interview.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 271
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi guys, new to rail forum. Made an account to join in the discussions. I wonder - does anyone know of this "Pre interview" stage which Train Drivers I've spoken to haven't heard of themselves. I've attached a screen shot of the email/message of interview details.

If anyone knows of it, what it entails, what to expect. Thanks in advance
There’s quite a bit on this in the GWR Talent Pool thread. It seems that GWR have started doing an interview prior to the usual DMI. As far as I’m aware, it’s usually only GWR that do these...maybe other First TOCs too?

387star

On Moderation
There’s quite a bit on this in the GWR Talent Pool thread. It seems that GWR have started doing an interview prior to the usual DMI. As far as I’m aware, it’s usually only GWR that do these...maybe other First TOCs too?
I had to pass a telephone interview when I applied internally back in 2014 for a Bristol trainee position . They later dropped this requirement for internals at least

RailwaysRus

That's the one most likely which turned into a zoom one. How was it, what kinds of questions were asked over the phone?
Thanks in advance

387star

On Moderation
That's the one most likely which turned into a zoom one. How was it, what kinds of questions were asked over the phone?
Thanks in advance
Hi

It was very easy. Questions on customer service and why you want to be a Driver . Customer service was the main subject area ! It was pretty brief

TeaTrain

ATW used to do this back when it was. There was a telephone interview before being sent to the psychometrics.
Not sure if TfW have continued this. It seems a lot of TOCs are doing it now as an extra stage of filtration.

387star

On Moderation
@387star Out of interest, Did you pass the pre interview stage? If so How long until the reply and what comes next?
This was back in 2014

I passed it yeah. I was then booked in for a DM interview as I had passed all tests with Freightliner

Status
Not open for further replies.