• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Rail Staff online booking site is now live

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Per the subject, the new Rail Staff online booking site is now live. To prevent "Joe Public" from registering, you need to provide a one-time UUID (32 character hex string) provided by RSTL and your Date of Birth as part of the registration process.

A few observations:
  • The booking engine is the classic Wordline (formerly Atos) WebTIS "mixing deck", and allows you to mix and match Priv discounts with other discounts and undiscounted tickets, including Advances.
  • Avanti Standard Premium, season tickets, Rail-Sea-Rail, and tickets to/from London International are not (currently) available.
  • Caledonian Sleeper berth-inclusive tickets are available, but Night Riviera tickets are (currently) only available with a full-price supplement, not the berth-inclusive products, due to the changes to how they're sold.
  • Available fulfillment methods are e-ticket, Ticket on Departure and post (First Class or Special Delivery).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

62484GlenLyon

Thanks for posting these details. I have long wanted this facility. I hope it lives up to my hopes! I assume that the unique code for registration will be sent to those eligible in batches to prevent the system crashing.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Thanks for posting these details. I have long wanted this facility. I hope it lives up to my hopes! I assume that the unique code for registration will be sent to those eligible in batches to prevent the system crashing.
Given the number of staff involved, they are indeed sending the registration instructions out in batches. If you need to update your email address, you need an XX21 form from the RST site.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Happy to await details from RSTL but does anyone know at this stage if this will permit seat reservations for travel using 'boxes'?
The FAQs say this will be possible "very soon":
Can I use RST Online to make a reservation only booking on rail services, including sleepers, if I am a safeguarded RST user who does not pay for travel?
Not at present, but we are working on it and it will be made available on RST Online very soon. We will inform you via the RST News page when it is possible to complete a reservation only booking.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterinlewes

No indication on RSTL FAQ about whether Retired Staff will be able to use it. Anybody know please?

Eligible employees and safeguarded staff. No mention of whether active or retired though.

Happily retired and Safeguarded !

62484GlenLyon

I am sure I first heard about this online ticket buying facility from the pension newsletter. I cannot think why we should be excluded and I shall be very miffed if we are left out. I am also happily retired and Safeguarded!

Haywain

Veteran Member
Got my registration code today and now have an account set up. However, I have to say that while it will be helpful to be able to buy Priv tickets online there are aspects of the site that I find a little disappointing. Given how long this has been in the offing, I would have at least expected a website that adapts rather better to being viewed on a mobile phone, and being able to use Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal to make a purchase doesn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Got my registration code today and now have an account set up. However, I have to say that while it will be helpful to be able to buy Priv tickets online there are aspects of the site that I find a little disappointing. Given how long this has been in the offing, I would have at least expected a website that adapts rather better to being viewed on a mobile phone, and being able to use Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal to make a purchase doesn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.
Basically they have just used an off-the-shelf product (MixingDeck) and slightly adapted it. I suppose it's better than nothing and certainly the ability to book sleepers is much better than the previous ticket office lottery. However, as you can only select dates up to 3 months in advance, on some dates the sleepers are already fully sold out (even at public rate). In that respect, booking through CS would still be a much better option. Oh well!

The other issue I've noted is that there doesn't seem to be a 16-25 Railcard option, which would be an issue if you want to buy any tickets for other people to travel with you. I suspect this is just an oversight so I'll report it to RSTL.

RPI

Established Member
Received my login details yesterday, one thing of interest is that SWR evening out tickets don't show up, which are valid with a priv! All that was showing was Off-peak and anytime fares (and yes I did look up times after 12:00!)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some of us without Priv would be quite happy to be offered the Mixing Deck without having to faff around with remembering a specific URL

grumble grumble

;)

Haywain

Veteran Member
Some of us without Priv would be quite happy to be offered the Mixing Deck without having to faff around with remembering a specific URL

grumble grumble

;)
I have to say that having not used it for a long time, I struggle to see the attraction. But that's for another thread.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I have to say that having not used it for a long time, I struggle to see the attraction. But that's for another thread.
The main benefit is being able to view trains for a whole day on the same screen without having to click "Earlier" or "Later" all the time.

As for specifically why it went to Worldline rather than Arriva, Assertis, Evolvi, Pico4UK, Raileasy, Silverrail, Trainline, or one of the other providers, only RDG could tell you, but they won't.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Received my login details yesterday, one thing of interest is that SWR evening out tickets don't show up, which are valid with a priv! All that was showing was Off-peak and anytime fares (and yes I did look up times after 12:00!)
That's not an issue with the discount, it's simply that the website (incorrectly) doesn't sell those ticket types.

If you try tickets.tpexpress.co.uk you'll also find that they don't show up. Has been a known problem for a long time. Nobody seems interested in trying to do anything about it mind.

trek

• Caledonian Sleeper berth-inclusive tickets are available, but Night Riviera tickets are (currently) only available with a full-price supplement, not the berth-inclusive products, due to the changes to how they're sold.

Seems it will also only allow 1 PRIV card to be added at once too, which means it is not possible to book a discounted Caledonian Twin room for 2 PRIV holders.

Having got access today and not realising the GWR Night Riviera fare structure changes I went to have a look and see if I could find quota. Failing to find any then asked GWR on Twitter who has said there is no longer any berth inclusive PRIV discounts on the Night Riviera, instead said I need to an open ticket and add to add the full price public rate supplement of £90 / £120, no suggestion the quotaed advance berth supplements would be avaliable to PRIV holders. Very disappointing, now cheaper to book a public ticket for me if that is indeed the case.

greyman42

Established Member
No indication on RSTL FAQ about whether Retired Staff will be able to use it. Anybody know please?

Eligible employees and safeguarded staff. No mention of whether active or retired though.

Happily retired and Safeguarded !
Retired staff can use it.

Southern Dvr

Unfortunately you can’t buy a PRIV Ranger or Rover on it, on the rare occasions I can make a trip somewhere I often pick up a PRIV rover when make a train trip.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I haven’t had mine yet, the mrs got hers over a week ago.

Most things at RSTL are done by your National Insurance number they are probably working through these in some order hence why yours and the Mrs would be sent at different times.

RPI

Established Member
From what I gather any spouses are meant to also receive their own registration details am I right? I've still not had anything for my Mrs, has anyone else?

Wallsendmag

Established Member
"Once registered you will be able to purchase tickets for your spouse/partner or dependents, but if you would like them to have their own RST Online account to buy their own privilege tickets, please complete form xxxxx and we will send their unique registration details to you.  "

Status
Not open for further replies.