• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Rail Staff online booking site is now live

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPI

Established Member
"Once registered you will be able to purchase tickets for your spouse/partner or dependents, but if you would like them to have their own RST Online account to buy their own privilege tickets, please complete form xxxxx and we will send their unique registration details to you.  "
Cheers for that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

62484GlenLyon

This update has been posted today on the RSTL section of the Rail Delivery Group website:-

Rail Staff Travel (RST) discounts are to be available online via a new website, RST Online. Invitations to register are now being sent out, a small number at a time, and this process is expected to take several weeks. We will send details to all active and retired employees for whom we hold an e-mail address during April and May.

It will offer rail staff, safeguarded staff and their dependents who qualify for priv discounts the ability to buy and fulfil their tickets similarly to how the public do now. Users will be able to buy discounted train tickets, plan journeys and make reservations online for trips across the National Rail network. It will include retailing of leisure travel and reduced rate season tickets; but not international travel as this is covered by International Rail.

We will be sending details of how to sign up to the email addresses we have on record for each RST user. Please ensure you have registered an up-to-date email address with Rail Staff Travel. You can do this by filling out the Change of Details XX21 form

RST Online is an additional booking method and does not replace the ability to buy tickets at stations or from onboard staff. You can find out more information, frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the FAQ page

BluePenguin

On Moderation
"Once registered you will be able to purchase tickets for your spouse/partner or dependents, but if you would like them to have their own RST Online account to buy their own privilege tickets, please complete form xxxxx and we will send their unique registration details to you.  "
How is this different to the half price tickets LNER staff can buy for people? Not their dependants but anyone. Let me know please :)

Haywain

Veteran Member
How is this different to the half price tickets LNER staff can buy for people? Not their dependants but anyone. Let me know please :)
Because they (RSTL) are talking about other family members with a Priv entitlement.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Because they (RSTL) are talking about other family members with a Priv entitlement.
I understand, so just to confirm this website is not for buying tickets for people unless they have a PRIV of their own? Much like you wouldn’t if they didn’t have a railcard discount themselves?

Haywain

Veteran Member
I understand, so just to confirm this website is not for buying tickets for people unless they have a PRIV of their own? Much like you wouldn’t if they didn’t have a railcard discount themselves?
It is designed so that people with a Priv discount have access to a facility to buy tickets online, and only those with a Priv entitlement will be given access to the site. Additional non-Priv tickets can be bought through the site but there is no specific benefit in doing that.

MetalMicky

Any idea whether holders of retired TfL Priv cards (pre 1996 staff) will be able to use this or a similar facility at some point in the future? I looked on the TfL Staff Travel webpages and there’s nothing about it on there. I’m worried that we’ll be left as the last humans that have to go to a ticket office!

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
For information - it would appear that Ticket on Departure (ToD) bookings are set to any card collection, despite the confirmation email claiming that the payment card is required.

Ralph Ayres

Any idea whether holders of retired TfL Priv cards (pre 1996 staff) will be able to use this or a similar facility at some point in the future? I looked on the TfL Staff Travel webpages and there’s nothing about it on there. I’m worried that we’ll be left as the last humans that have to go to a ticket office!
Given how much later than everyone else we still had hand-written free tickets that you had to apply for in writing, I'm not holding my breath!

Deroro

According to the Rail Staff Travel section of Rail Delivery Group, holders of Staff Travel Cards who live outside the United Kingdom can not make online bookings.
They may be given the facility in the future.
Talk about one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing! I was given the above information by RST on the phone this morning. This afternoon, I received an e-mail from RST inviting me to register an account at RST Online to enable me to buy priv discounted tickets online. It contained a one time passcode. Having set up an account, I received an e-mail thanking me for registering. So I appear good to go. I live in Ireland, by the way.

Last edited:

Deroro

I live in Ireland and am entitled to a Staff Travel card. There is now a charge of £10 for posting it overseas. I phoned RST on 12 May to pay the charge. I was informed that payment could not be taken over the phone, but I would be sent an email containing details of how to pay by credit or debit charge.

I received an email stating that RST Online was a new website that will allow staff to buy discounted train tickets online. The email contained details of how to register an account at RST Online which I duly did. While I could see how to buy priv rate train tickets on the site, it was not obvious to me how to pay the £10 postage for my Staff Travel Card.

So I sent an email to RST and, in response, was instructed to log into RST Online, click on “Your Account” and go to the “Ad-Hoc Payments” section. The email continued that once payment had been made my card would be posted to me.

I duly did as instructed, input my credit card details and clicked on “Pay”. I then received an error message (see attachment). I logged out of RST Online and logged in again. The £10 postal charge was still showing as due. This was on a laptop running Windows 10. I then tried to make the payment by debit card on an iPad, but got the same error message. On checking with my bank, there is a pending charge on my debit card of £10 to RST London. I assume there is a similar charge pending on my credit card.

On 19 May, I sent an email to [email protected] informing them of the situation. The reply, from a Customer Service Officer, was that I would have to contact their Customer Service Team at [email protected]. I duly did this and sent an email to the Customer Service Team on 19 May. I received an automated response stating they would get back to me within three working days.
It is now 26 May and I have heard nothing. I have not received my Staff Travel Card, £10 is still showing as owed on RST Online and there is a pending charge of £10 on BOTH my debit and credit cards.

At this stage, I just want the whole thing to end. Ideally, I no longer want a Staff Travel Card, but if necessary I am willing to pay £10 to get one. But, I do not want to be charged £10 twice on both my debit and credit cards. I am posting this message in the hope that possibly someone from RST will read it and be able to assist.

Apologies for the length of this message.

Attachments

• 86731B3C-8201-45BB-8310-2884D4C42FBE.png
    86731B3C-8201-45BB-8310-2884D4C42FBE.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 48

Deroro

If they are just pending charges, they'll drop off automatically when they expire, I think it is usually 6 weeks.
Coincidentally, or otherwise, within hours of posting on this forum, the pending charge of £10 to RST London has disappeared from my debit card account.

skyhigh

Established Member
Has anyone else still not received an activation code?
I assume RST have an email address on file for you? As far as I can tell you're the same TOC as me and everyone at my depot got their code a few weeks back.

Efini92

Established Member
I assume RST have an email address on file for you? As far as I can tell you're the same TOC as me and everyone at my depot got their code a few weeks back.
Yeah I have had the same email address for years. I’ve changed TOC’s a couple of times, dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Efini92

Established Member
It looks like RSTL have a lot of work to do. They definitely have my correct email because I received an email off them the other day to say my DAT card had been successfully delivered.

pitdiver

I have a TfL issued PTAC (Privilege Travel Authority Card). Does anybody know what is happening with regards to these as RSTL are issuing codes etc. But can't find anything in relation to TfL staff.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I have a TfL issued PTAC (Privilege Travel Authority Card). Does anybody know what is happening with regards to these as RSTL are issuing codes etc. But can't find anything in relation to TfL staff.
Ultimately, referring to the link posted above by @OliverH68, the answer is that you can’t get access at the current time. So, maybe some time in the future.

Established Member
Anyone know how you'd request a refund?

Scenario-
Train A failed, from let's say 'Demic Trains Ltd'
Train B is the next, 'Lastlegs Trains Ltd', my employer, so no ticket is needed.

Not too obvious how to request or perform a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.