• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NEW RAILWAY SIMULATOR ANNOUNCED THIS MORNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Kuju have this morning announced their new 'Rail Simulator' See UKTS main page, and forums, for further details. A new forum is on the main UKTS forum for discussion if you so wish.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Details are here:-

http://www.railsimulator.com/

wallp1_homepage.jpg

(Larger versions of above image are here: http://www.railsimulator.com/downloads.htm )

Simming

The Virtual Tube, although they are 2 completely different things 1288, that would be like comaping Simsig to Flightsim

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That can't be anything to do with a rail sim, going by that screenshot! Looks to me more like some undercover secret agent/cop thing!

EDIT: Having looked at the website, I'm still not convinced that it will be much good. We'll see as time goes on I guess.

From what I've seen thus far, I'd rather have SimSig and BVE.

Nick

1288gaje, why do you compare a slideshow of photos to a 3D simulated world?

Guinness

Established Member
Well this looks like a game that will be for the people with superior graphics cards...

T

Tom

I agree, maybe they'll provide us a free video card with each purchase? AlexS, something to tell UKTS maybe? ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
AlexS said:
Kuju have this morning announced their new 'Rail Simulator' See UKTS main page, and forums, for further details. A new forum is on the main UKTS forum for discussion if you so wish.
Rather not but i thought i'd point it out to Tube challenger[/b]

T

Tom

What I meant is that UKTS could sell free video cards with every purchase!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
1288gaje said:
it looks similar to TVT, does it?

Something that was made in Photoshop IIRC is so alike to something that was built with it's own Graphics Engine, that requires something more than Microsoft Office to run are not alike at all.

Chalk & Cheese
Sh*t & Sugar
Curdle & Créme Dé Lá Créme

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This looks very promising. I hope that they do a modern, northern England route :D

jd

Nick said:
1288gaje, why do you compare a slideshow of photos to a 3D simulated world?

Here we go again..... :roll:

You've no need to complain about it - if you don't like TVT, nobody's forcing you to have it, so you needn't complain about it being bad.

Harold

TVT (the Virtual Tube) is supposed to be more interactive if i'm right!

Harold

P.S: i have seen the 1 screenshot of this new simulator (rail simulator), it looks very good!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Kuju have updated their site. Looks like there's going to be far more community involvement than there was with MSTS. They have chosen Matt and Vern Moorhouse to help them develop the product, and the UKTS forums are going to be used to ask the community for their thoughts and ideas about the sim.

Full details here: http://www.railsimulator.com/community_feature.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.