• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

And to post the details:
Carmeton Shuttle
This route is a fictional route, running a small shuttle service in the beautiful, English countryside. The Class 150/1 shuttle service runs from the town of Longston to the town of Carmeton. Note: Both the below files are required. It's been split in two to make it easier for dial-up users. Also, make sure you read the 'InstallAWS.txt' file so you can use AWS.

Required Train: Class 150/1 - Virtual Rail
Created By: James Underwood

Coxster

Established Member
I may start taking the route further (if of course James doesn't mind?).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
you could coxter, the branch actually ends at Carmeton (the 142 hides the work after the buffers :P :lol: ) but the branch to the right, continues to Carmeton East, Crewebridge, Easthampton, Walford Jct and London Heuston.
If you wish to extend to the right Coxter, by all means do :).

Look out for the return, Carmeton - Longston, and a special bonus... :D

Coxster

Established Member
heart-of-wessex said:
you could coxter, the branch actually ends at Carmeton (the 142 hides the work after the buffers :P :lol: ) but the branch to the right, continues to Carmeton East, Crewebridge, Easthampton, Walford Jct and London Heuston.

Sounds exciting! Obviously based around the WCML!

Carmeton - Nuneaton
Crewebridge - Crewe
Easthampton - Northampton
Walford Junction - Watford Junction/Eastenders
London Heuston - London Euston

:lol:

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
Yes, very good! How about Hilton Means Central? :lol:
I thought more along the lines of 'Meltem Jeans Central' (as in 'melt them jeans') ;)

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Coxster said:
heart-of-wessex said:

Sounds exciting! Obviously based around the WCML!

Carmeton - Nuneaton
Crewebridge - Crewe
Easthampton - Northampton
Walford Junction - Watford Junction/Eastenders
London Heuston - London Euston

:lol:

Carmeton - nope, just a random name!
Crewebridge - yep
Easthampton - well based on Southampton, but close
Wolford Junction - yep
Heuston - yep

But if you would do that Coxter, please do my plans, as everyone would enjoy it, which is a 4 track mainline after Carmeton East so users can throttle a HST or Voyager down it! I would say Pendos, but its non electified and would not fit to turn round at Longston!

The Snap

Established Member
The Pendo may be having a re-vamp in October, when I go to London I can get some sounds! :D Whipeeee! The cab is fine I think though, maybe a bit of an update for BVE 4.

Coxster

Established Member
HBA135 said:
Downloading this route now, will give a full opinion after i have driven this route! :D
Normally helps if you drive it, Harold ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Can't wait to download it! Might try now in just a second. Won't be able to try it until tomorrow probably, but saying that I had a trial of the route a few months ago anyway... :P

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Can't find it ANYWHERE on your site Coxster! The link on the News page goes to routes on it, but the Carmeton Shuttle is NOT there!

The Snap

Established Member
It happened to me thaton TSC when the ELLv2 came out, and when this route came out. Try pressing F5 whilst your on the route page. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
It happened to me thaton TSC when the ELLv2 came out, and when this route came out. Try pressing F5 whilst your on the route page. ;)
It's becuase you have a chached version of the page. A simple Ctrl + F5 will sort it :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yep, thanks for helping me sort that yesterday. A simple F5 wouldn't do it, but the Ctrl and F5 did. What difference is there between those key combinations in terms of what they do?

Finished the download earlier, now just got to try it out. Comments will be posted when I finish my extensive trialling of it.

T

Tom

F5 - just refresh images if they aren't there.
Ctrl + F5 - refresh everything on the page.

Tom B

Established Member
Well, knowing most ICT courses, keyboard shortcuts is probarbly too hard a concept to grasp...

Status
Not open for further replies.