• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Series: The Tube Going Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I got the impression the new ticket machines were finished soon afterwards and the problem went away. He probably turned up to bask in the glory.
10 weeks wasn't it? I realise the machines go where the offices were, but what about temporary machines or more staff with handheld machines?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GodAtum

On Moderation
From the Leicester Square CCTV, it looked like 2 platforms were empty and 2 where full. I wonder which they where?

i dont have any sympathy for people who say "they should have told be that the line is closed". You think TFL send brain waves out to inform you? It's very easy to check before you travel.

And what's the point of a "exclusion zone, do not enter" sign when that lady just waltzed straight past it!

I've only fallen asleep on the tube once, but luckily I was wearing my uniform so was well looked after.

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
That was Nick Brown who is the current Managing Director (and was MD at the time of filming), not Mike Brown.

Apologies, so many Browns! However, I stand by my comments. I thought that London Underground top management might have changed for the better both since when I worked for them and since the appalling days of the Kings Cross fire, but now I wonder. Peter Hendy lived in Bath and I know he would have never used that as an excuse: in fact, I bet he would have turned up unannounced at Victoria.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
And what's the point of a "exclusion zone, do not enter" sign when that lady just waltzed straight past it!

I assume some people were authorised to pass it. If it was machinery at work then she should have buttoned up her jacket though.

Daniel

Established Member
From the Leicester Square CCTV, it looked like 2 platforms were empty and 2 where full. I wonder which they where?

At the time the Piccadilly line had severe delays, hence the overcrowding.
By contrast, the empty platforms were the Northern line because the Northern line never has any problems because of their awesome service control staff.

...right?

...anybody?

*tunbleweed* :D

Busaholic

Veteran Member
At the time the Piccadilly line had severe delays, hence the overcrowding.
By contrast, the empty platforms were the Northern line because the Northern line never has any problems because of their awesome service control staff.

...right?

...anybody?

*tunbleweed* :D

Twas true when I worked there, but that was so long ago it had only just been renamed from the City and South London:lol: Seriously, those staff are miracle workers and deserve every penny of their pay, and more besides.

Having seen that episode, though, I have real concerns about the 24 hour tube operation at weekends impinging on the rest of the service. A new Mayor may take a different view on it from Boris the populist.

GodAtum

On Moderation
It seems the Embankment staff had the best gig. Was the pedestrian bridge they watched the fireworks from closed to the public then?

MrB

It seems the Embankment staff had the best gig. Was the pedestrian bridge they watched the fireworks from closed to the public then?

I think it must've been as there were no other people on it at the time.

Also if I were LU staff I'd always work NYE if there's a £500 bonus in it!

Daniel

Established Member
Also if I were LU staff I'd always work NYE if there's a £500 bonus in it!

Depends on the staff members grade. Service Control staff for example don't get a bonus... jus' sayin' ;)

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Depends on the staff members grade. Service Control staff for example don't get a bonus... jus' sayin' ;)

And neither do station staff! Very misleading commentary - for many of us NYE is treated as any other working day...

MrB

trainmania100

Established Member
I watched it last night on demand 5 about the staff working on new years Eve and someone getting hit by a train
It's quite informative and it's a programme I enjoy

Kite159

Veteran Member
On the last episode there was a couple clips of a LU service running alongside what appeared to be a twin track line with OHLE (Around the 23 minute mark, and when they were talking with the driver who dealt with the bus bomb) Any idea where that was?

Hophead

Established Member
Have just been watching and thinking the very same thing, so paused playback and spotted Dagenham Heathway, so: eastern end of the District

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Smiled at the commentary on Bank, saying how busy it was with the Central, Northern and DLR interchanging without mention of the Drain or the walkway to from the District and Circle!.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Shame its ended! I wonder how staff get home when the tube shuts down for the night? Shame Stan didnt get a bigger send off.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
I hope it comes out on DVD, not seen the last episode yet, got it recorded to watch at the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.