• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New site design for new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
A new design for my site, hopefully it's not any slower for dial-up users. I much prefer it to the old design (still seen on soem of the older pages)

What do you think of it?

(click sig for link)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Z12XE

Just 1 suggestion regarding that image of the 158 on the main page, you'd be better off resizing and compressing that properly rather than putting the full version in there.

For example if i resize and export the JPG in Photoshop to the same size you've squashed it to (577x433) it is about 52kb in total, where as the version on the site is nearly 200kb

Coxster

Established Member
'Links' and 'Torbay Stations' are the old, non-user friendly designs and news gives a HTTP Error 404.

Like your BVE train database. Looks very familiar :roll:

devon_metro

Established Member
Coxster said:
'Links' and 'Torbay Stations' are the old, non-user friendly designs and news gives a HTTP Error 404.

Like your BVE train database. Looks very familiar :roll:

News is still under construction, train database has just got all of the trains i know of, ill have to edit it because of the closure of bvetrains.

EDIT: i did update the links page, the content area is old though!

Nick

Just looks like your old one with a <center> command in tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.