• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New starter - Covid-19 impact on employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
At least when this horrible epidemic is behind us in the not too distant future, anyone with a delayed start date can still have something positive to look forward to.

CJ

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thanks for the reply. All jobs are for Network Rail. 2x operative, 1x signalled and 1x crossing keeper.

NR are still carrying on with recruitment- certainly with signaller jobs. I've received my job offer last week (the interview was the about 10 days prior to that) and I've had all the contract stuff

MrsP2010

NR are still carrying on with recruitment- certainly with signaller jobs. I've received my job offer last week (the interview was the about 10 days prior to that) and I've had all the contract stuff
Do you know what's happening about your medical and have you been given a date for training to start? Thanks

Gallius

Do you know what's happening about your medical and have you been given a date for training to start? Thanks
I completed all my pre employment checks over a month ago for NWR, including medical, and still waiting on a start date

Chubby

I passed medical and pre employment checks for NR a couple of weeks ago and got my start date the other day.... 1st of august but subject to change due to ongoing issue

Stigy

Established Member
I wonder whether they're still running courses with this pandemic ongoing? This would no doubt present its own problems, not least with trainees requiring accommodation (I know a lot of hotels are closed until further notice for example).

Gallius

I passed medical and pre employment checks for NR a couple of weeks ago and got my start date the other day.... 1st of august but subject to change due to ongoing issue
Is that the date you start signalling school? My LOM has been in touch multiple times now to say he is trying to get a signalling school date sorted.

Chubby

Is that the date you start signalling school? My LOM has been in touch multiple times now to say he is trying to get a signalling school date sorted.
No sorry its an off track job not signalling i never made that clear

I'm waiting to get a date for my medical - the company that does them is supposed to get in touch in the next few days. As for a start date, I've only just sent all my pre employment documents back but they have said they might not be able to give me a start date for a while.

I wonder whether they're still running courses with this pandemic ongoing? This would no doubt present its own problems, not least with trainees requiring accommodation (I know a lot of hotels are closed until further notice for example).

Yes apparently they are and the hotels are still being used although it is possible that they are closed to the general public.

Trek65

I started this Monday the 6th with NWR as an Operative. My PTS course is cancelled and my Track Induction on the 13th April. Helping out at the depot for now and assisting with making the changes for Covid-19 that NWR need to adhere to.

Daveyboy2407

I started this Monday the 6th with NWR as an Operative. My PTS course is cancelled and my Track Induction on the 13th April. Helping out at the depot for now and assisting with making the changes for Covid-19 that NWR need to adhere to.
Congratulations on the job. How long did the hiring process take from start to finish if you dont mind me asking?

Trek65

Thanks Daveyboy.

I was offered the job in December and started the paperwork side of things and medical in January. Things were delayed slightly as I was going on holiday end of February into March and also waiting for my courses.

Shep19

Does anyone know if it’s normal to have my status, invite to assessment 2 pending for around 4weeks? Any info would be great.

moorw003

At the moment, almost all recruitment is on hold until the lockdown eases. So I'd consider that normal, or expected.

Shep19

Congrats, how long did it take for you to get the offer? My status is invite to assessment 2 pending and has been for a while, any idea?

MrsP2010

Congrats, how long did it take for you to get the offer? My status is invite to assessment 2 pending and has been for a while, any idea?
Thanks :) I had the interview on 02 March and heard nothing for 7 weeks!! I knew this was good news though as they told me in the interview that HR are quick to tell you you’re unsuccessful but take ages to tell you you’ve got the job!!

Daveyboy2407

Congratulations. It's good to know jobs are still being processed. I've had 1 on 'application completed' and 3 on application under consideration for level 2. I'm expecting a long wait for updates though

Hanz_05

Recruiters are still recruiting I had my interview last week tuesday got an offer today. Don’t lose hope! good things come to those who wait.

Samfa

Hi. I had my scat verification deferred at the start of lock down but was invited to a Skype interview for trainee conductor role with TFW at the end of May. I have received an email to confirm I was successful and now through to the final selection process of verification. But no specific dates or time frame given.

LouiseC

I’ve heard from HR at northern. I was supposed to start trainee conductor role on 11th May. They’re hoping to have start date for me this month, but I’ve to do my medical again because of the length of time that has elapsed, not a problem though. Just happy that there’s some movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.