• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Station at Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwmbwls

I have come across odd references in the local press for a new station at Hampton. It is not as far as I can see on Network Rail's radar so is probably just a local campaign. Does anybody have any (a) further information and (b) where it would be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBigD

Established Member
I have come across odd references in the local press for a new station at Hampton. It is not as far as I can see on Network Rail's radar so is probably just a local campaign. Does anybody have any (a) further information and (b) where it would be?
On the original plans for the Hampton area of Peterborough there was space reserved for a station, roughly located just behind the Amazon Fulfillment Centre. Access would have been from both the Stanground side and the Hampton side. The road where the current Lakeside Edge development is would have been the access road from the Hampton end.
The plans were still on the Peterborough city council website a few years ago but I've not checked if they still are.

The proposed station usually crops up around council election time in Hampton and usually dies shortly after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.