• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Station calendar

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
Some of the funding for White Rose is coming out of the LPTIP funding with a substantial developer contribution.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter who's paying or where they got the money... it's still a completely misguided project to add an additional stop to a railway that's already full. Even if it ends up replacing Cottingley (which incidentally has just had a load of cash spent on platform extensions, and had a load of new houses built right next door in the last decade).

Voyager lad

Doesn't matter who's paying or where they got the money... it's still a completely misguided project to add an additional stop to a railway that's already full. Even if it ends up replacing Cottingley (which incidentally has just had a load of cash spent on platform extensions, and had a load of new houses built right next door in the last decade).
Completely agree, you can’t just close a station and build a new one just to spend money, it’s ridiculous!!

The money could be better spent on improving other stations or even a different station that would serve more people. I’m from Scotland so can’t personally think of examples but I’m sure there are many...

ScotTrains

Barrhead South station is part of the wider East Renfrewshire Council Glasgow City Deal programme that has 7 interlinked projects.

I saw a suggested construction commencement date of 2021 in a Council Paper back in May 2019 but I suspect a 2022 start date for a late 2023 opening is possibly more realistic.
Last week a work plan running until March next year was tabled by the Glasgow City Region Cabinet. It is being reported that work on Barrhead South will commence next year for an official opening in September 2021.

mcmad

Last week a work plan running until March next year was tabled by the Glasgow City Region Cabinet. It is being reported that work on Barrhead South will commence next year for an official opening in September 2021.
I think when they say opens (the) next year they mean September 22 not 21 if construction isn't starting until some time in 2021.

fgwrich

Established Member

I'd be slightly concerned about the apparent CGI Rendering of a very long extension to the Paris Metro in that picture!

Good to see some progress though, I presume the funding for that will also include the Barrhead & East Kilbride electrifications?

AMD

Horden sees it's first services on 29th June.
No official launch at this time and non essential travel to this station will be discouraged.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Horden sees it's first services on 29th June.
No official launch at this time and non essential travel to this station will be discouraged.

What has been chosen as the actual official name of this station, as a couple of names were being talked about in the early days of this new station, one being Horden Peterlee. I understand that this new station is located about 0.75 of a mile to the north of the original Horden station that closed on 4th May 1964.

Last edited:

Altnabreac

Established Member
I'd be slightly concerned about the apparent CGI Rendering of a very long extension to the Paris Metro in that picture!

Good to see some progress though, I presume the funding for that will also include the Barrhead & East Kilbride electrifications?

Barrhead and EK electrification would be from a different funding pot as the City Deal projects were all identified several years ago. Any electrification will come out of the CP6 Project pipeline.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

Just how far away from the retail complex is the proposed White Rose station? I second your reservations about the possible demise of Cottingley for the reasons you stated.

In the planning for the new Manchester Metrolink stop at the intu Trafford Centre, it made sure that it was situated extremely near to one of the main entrances to the complex buildings there, for obvious reasons.

PR1Berske

Established Member
I've amended Horden.

Opened 3 June: Meridian Water [MRW]
Opened 15 December: Warrington West [WAW] , Robroyston [RRN]

Opened 23 February: Worcestershire Parkway [WOP]
Opened 29 June: Horden [HRE]

Expected in December: Portway Park & Ride
Expected by end of the year: Kintore [KTR]; ; Reading Green Park [RGP]; Bow Street [BOW]

By 2021
Elizabeth Line stations at: Bond Street, Tottenham Court Road, Canary Wharf, Custom House, and Woolwich
Expected by end of the year: Barking Riverside; Soham; Inverness Airport

By 2022 and beyond
Confirmed: Brent Cross West;
HS2 stations at: Old Oak Common, Birmingham Interchange and Birmingham Curzon Street; Manchester Airport/Interchange
Moseley/Kings Heath/Hazelwell; Willenhall, Darlaston; Gabalfa, Crwys Road, Loudoun Square, Cardiff Bay/The Flourish (other names are available); East Linton; Leven; Reston; Barrhead South; Winslow; Cambridge South
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

PR1Berske

Established Member
I've added Beaulieu Park, Skelmersdale, and New Bermondsey.

I try to update this thread when there is enough confirmation or news and updates, so it's not refreshed every day. Maybe once a month? Anyway, if forum users have any details or updates post them here :)

-----

Expected by end of the year: Kintore [KTR]; Reading Green Park [RGP]; Bow Street [BOW]

By 2021
Elizabeth Line stations at: Bond Street, Tottenham Court Road, Canary Wharf, Custom House, and Woolwich
Expected by end of the year: Barking Riverside; Soham; Inverness Airport; Portway Park and Ride

By 2022 and beyond
Certain: Brent Cross West; New Bermondsey
HS2 stations at: Old Oak Common, Birmingham Interchange and Birmingham Curzon Street; Manchester Airport/Interchange
Highly likely: Moseley/Kings Heath/Hazelwell; Willenhall, Darlaston; Gabalfa, Crwys Road, Loudoun Square, Cardiff Bay/The Flourish (other names are available); East Linton; Leven; Reston; Barrhead South; Winslow; Cambridge South; Beaulieu Park; Headbolt Lane/Kirkby Northwood; Skelmersdale

Last edited:

PR1Berske

Established Member
Thanks guys, I can't believe I missed Headbolt Lane/Kirkby, that was the first one I remembered about to update this post this month :lol: I'll make those amendments and then that'll be it for the time being.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

Expected in December: Portway Park & Ride
Expected by end of the year: Kintore [KTR]; ; Reading Green Park [RGP]; Bow Street [BOW]

By 2021
Expected by end of the year: Barking Riverside; Soham; Inverness Airport

By 2022 and beyond
Confirmed: Brent Cross West;
Moseley/Kings Heath/Hazelwell; Willenhall, Darlaston; Gabalfa, Crwys Road, Loudoun Square, Cardiff Bay/The Flourish (other names are available); East Linton; Leven; Reston; Barrhead South; Winslow; Cambridge South

Are you also proposing to update the original posting in future once changes have been made?

PR1Berske

Established Member
Are you also proposing to update the original posting in future once changes have been made?

Hey. I will make the first post match the most recent update tonight and take it from there. I think both formats work, but I do understand that the OP is where people might go if they are not aware of the thread. Thanks :)

Gathursty

Established Member
Reading Green Park? Unless I had a lapse of concentration on the four times I've been on that part of the line this week, I've not seen the slightest bit of prep work on the ground nor anything more intensive towards getting that station ready this year.

PR1Berske

Established Member
Reading Green Park? Unless I had a lapse of concentration on the four times I've been on that part of the line this week, I've not seen the slightest bit of prep work on the ground nor anything more intensive towards getting that station ready this year.

Cheers Gathursty. One of the great things about this forum is a post like yours because intel like that feeds into threads like this. If RGP seems unlikely to be ready in time, and more observers on the ground feed into saying so either here or a dedicated RGP thread, then i will amend the post.

fgwrich

Established Member

That doesn’t surprise me whatsoever sadly. I don’t know what it is about this station, but glaciers seem to move quicker than it!

Ianno87

Veteran Member
That doesn’t surprise me whatsoever sadly. I don’t know what it is about this station, but glaciers seem to move quicker than it!

I swear it has been "opening next year" for about a decade now...

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor

Platform and station building areas have been cleared and piling work done by the looks of it. That's about it but it does look like work is active at last (contractors vans and equipment around last weekend), and the housing developments around it are also going up quickly. End of the year still seems optimistic but that's the official line still.

InOban

Established Member
It's reported in the local paper (the P&J) that Kintore is expected to open in October, work having restarted after lockdown.