• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Street station evacuated

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Birmingham New Street has been closed along with the rest of the City Centre, as well as possibly Birmingham Moor Street, Birmingham Snow Hill and Five Ways station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

according to the itv news channel 4 controled explosions took place - 1 on a bus

Coxster

Established Member
TPE said:
according to the itv news channel 4 controled explosions took place - 1 on a bus
Simular to London then. The number of bombs was four and one on a bus!

jd

One was in a hotel. And depending on your source, there were 2-4 controlled explosions. However, again according to your source, the police have decided that the things they blew up didn't contain bombs after all.

People here are critizing the police for evacuating the whole city centre. In my opinion this is totally unacceptable - if the police thought the action was the most appropriate, then that's what they need to do. People who don't have a clue what the information was are ciritizing the police. I think it is appalling.

Coxster

Established Member
jdan said:
People here are critizing the police for evacuating the whole city centre. In my opinion this is totally unacceptable - if the police thought the action was the most appropriate, then that's what they need to do. People who don't have a clue what the information was are ciritizing the police. I think it is appaling.
Yeah. They would only evacuate a whole city centre as a last resort.

jd

The other thing is, of course, that these people who have the cheek to critizise the police haven't actually SEEN the intelligence, so they cannot possibly make a judgement!

TheSlash

Established Member
I've stayed in the above mentioned hotel twice so its weird to hear about a suspect package being left there

Status
Not open for further replies.