• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Style Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.

This may have already been asked and if so I apologise but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I am traveling down to London on 2 successive weekends. The tickets I have for tomorrow are the same as usual, 1 ticket for travel and a 2nd ticket with the seat reservation on but for next weekends trip I have only got 1 ticket for each journey and the seat reservation is printed in very small print at the bottom of the ticket for travel.

Is this correct or has there been a computer glitch which have printed my tickets incorrectly as I don't want to get on the train only to be told that the ticket is incorrect.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
This may have already been asked and if so I apologise but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I am traveling down to London on 2 successive weekends. The tickets I have for tomorrow are the same as usual, 1 ticket for travel and a 2nd ticket with the seat reservation on but for next weekends trip I have only got 1 ticket for each journey and the seat reservation is printed in very small print at the bottom of the ticket for travel.

Is this correct or has there been a computer glitch which have printed my tickets incorrectly as I don't want to get on the train only to be told that the ticket is incorrect.

they are the new style of tickets but it is a bit hit and miss on when you get them. I guess it depends on the machine/ticket office equipment.

les.

they are the new style of tickets but it is a bit hit and miss on when you get them. I guess it depends on the machine/ticket office equipment.

I ordered them online about 10 days ago from the TPE website. Thanks for that Rich, I was just a bit worried it might have been some sort of misprint.

Makes sense anyway and will save on having to have 2 tickets for every leg of the journey where you get a reserved seat.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I get new style tickets from the machine at my local station, but the office issues the old style ones.

If I make an online booking I get the old style as well.

I have to say that I've heard several guards complaining that they are hard to read. I've even spoken to a couple about it, and they all seem to dislike the new style. Naturally, some people don't like any change, and I don't see how the introduction of new tickets would be any different!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I get new style tickets from the machine at my local station, but the office issues the old style ones.

If I make an online booking I get the old style as well.

I have to say that I've heard several guards complaining that they are hard to read. I've even spoken to a couple about it, and they all seem to dislike the new style. Naturally, some people don't like any change, and I don't see how the introduction of new tickets would be any different!

I like the idea of printing mandatory reservations on the ticket. I'm less of a fan of the wordy nature of the rest of it - the abbreviated stuff was easier to read (I'm sure for staff as well).

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I think that's the point they are making. The new tickets are less easy to read, especially when they are filled with additional information, though maybe greater familiarity as they become more common will help a little.

Even the local ticket I got the other day, which doesn't have any reservations on it, is harder for to look at quickly because nothing seems to stand out sufficiently or effectively.

les.

I've just had some more tickets delivered for a trip to Edinburgh I am making in September and these new style tickets are terrible.

I feel really sorry for the train conductors as I can't even read them the printing on them is so small. I'm really surprised that these tickets are still being printed like they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.