New Ticket Design Launched

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Solent&Wessex, 7 Mar 2014.

1. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

...and my suggestion/answer was to keep 'London' (obviously) and additionally provide a link informing the customer which stations they can visit. Apologies if this wasn't particularly well communicated.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2017
  2. JaJaWa

JaJaWa Established Member

St. Albans | Leeds | Hong Kong | Shenzhen
    Well it was removed from tickets some time in 2016... (see attachment)

RDG says
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/579850/action-plan-for-information-on-rail-fares-and-ticketing.pdf

So possibly only a couple of months left for 'London Terminals'.

Attached Files:

3. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Member

VTEC advance are priced to and print London Kings Cross already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. father_jack

father_jack Member

Can I say again (and maybe the mods should pick up on this) a TOD reference tells anyone unscrupulous within the industry who you are and often where you live ! A surname and postcode search may come up with info as to when you're away in the future !!! Obliterate TODs from pictures and obviously dispose of used frog safely !!!

5. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

Fair enough. Good point.

But where should I put the used frog? :lol: ;)

6. JaJaWa

JaJaWa Established Member

St. Albans | Leeds | Hong Kong | Shenzhen
    Thanks. Any TOC spies may like to note that the ToD reference in that image is from here https://srta.org.uk/wp/posts/1316 rather than myself though.

7. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Unless there's a particular reason someone might want to target your house, e.g. you have a particularly expensive car that could be nicked using the keys (such as a certain poster's Range Rovers, perhaps :) ) or lots of IT equipment, I very much doubt anyone would go to those lengths to find a house to burgle. Most such crimes are opportunist - go for that one, they're not in.

When I'm away, most stuff of any value is in my bag.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2017
  8. Indigo2

Indigo2 Established Member

Wasn't that was supposed to be only for tickets for journeys for which all available fares were routed "ANY PERMITTED"? The example earlier, of Inverness to Edinburgh (where walkup fares can be routed ANY PERMITTED, VIA AVIEMORE or VTEC ONLY) having the route description dropped for the ANY PERMITTED variant arguably adds more confusion than it removes.

9. kieron

kieron Established Member

That was my impression (I think it said removal unless it provides a benefit to the customer, something the disambiguation would do).

To me, having a "via Warrington" ticket and an "any permitted" one for a route is better than having a "via Warrington" and a "via Manchester" one, simply because it makes it clear (to travellers and to web sites) that you don't have to go through Manchester using either ticket.

10. Silver Cobra

Silver Cobra Member

Looks like it's been a while since the last post here.

Anywhos... I collected some tickets from the new VTEC machine at Stevenage station for a journey from Stevenage to Leeds for Saturday 3rd June, as part of the Hot Cakes sale. I was quite surprised that rather than printing in the new style with the reserved services on the one ticket, I was given a separate reservation ticket. I must say that the VTEC machines aren't set up very well for printing tickets like this. It looks quite a mess in fact. I'm guessing that VTEC promotional tickets haven't yet been set up for the new style of advance.

I've added some pictures to compare how the advances normally print (collected from a machine at Peterborough back in April) and walk-up tickets (purchased not long after I collected the Stevenage-Leeds tickets today).

Attached Files:

11. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Member

I'm sure they'll sort that out very very soon , as soon as PMS goes live

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro