• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New ticket design

Status
Not open for further replies.

anme

Established Member
I can't imagine it being that hard to hack the encryption, but the tickets shouldn't need to be encrypted if they will simply hold a code that is checked by staff against a database. If you made a ticket up, it wouldn't be on the list and you'd be told it wasn't valid.

It's perfectly possible to make encryption systems that are very hard to break and there plenty of examples in the real world of systems that haven't been broken. I hope that the designers of Aztec employed some competent cryptographers - but admittedly there is always the risk that they didn't.

It would be interesting to know if the system relies on checking against a database, as that would indeed greatly simplify the design.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
I would expect it to be merely checking against a list. Seems to work just fine in other countries.

williamn

The latest Railway Magazine has a feature on the new tickets and it seems that what is printed on the new stock is going to be radically different, and I think, a bit of a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.