• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New ticket design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Saturday, the TVM I used at Huddersfield had the old style tickets in one hopper (for actual tickets) and the new ones in the other (for receipts and presumably reservations).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

Attachments

• img728B.jpg
    img728B.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 227
  • img729D.jpg
    img729D.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 188
  • img731A.jpg
    img731A.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 239
  • img732B.jpg
    img732B.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 164

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Uh! Is it customary in that part of the country to clip rangers!? If somebody tried to do that to one of mine I'd be rather upset!

Whenever I have used Rovers on Merseyrail and it has been checked, they have had a rather annoying habit of punching it.

Bungle73

On Moderation
What exactly is the point of clipping tickets that are designed to used multiple times? I've had Travelcards clipped in the past!

The only conclusion I can come to do is that those that are supposed to be "checking" the tickets aren't really checking them at all and are just taking them and clipping them automatically without actually looking at them.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
On both occasions the guard actually had to fish the Ranger out of my ticket wallet themselves in order to clip it. Make of that what you will.

Starmill

Veteran Member
A couple of the East Midlands Trains guards yesterday tried to remove my ranger from the wallet before realising what it was and apologising ;)

Incidentally, bought it from Euston, still old stock. Piccadilly booking office not seen any new stock from them either. Get with it Virgin!

ModernRailways

Established Member
Newcastle has the new stock in now. Bought a ticket today and it was using the new National Rail with the Endorsements box on the back.

embers25

Established Member
On both occasions the guard actually had to fish the Ranger out of my ticket wallet themselves in order to clip it. Make of that what you will.
I had the same happen to me with an Anglia Plus..though it is Anglia!

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
I noticed the new 'BR logo in a white circle' design on my return ticket to Hitchin, issued yesterday from a TVM at Welwyn Garden City:D

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A couple of the East Midlands Trains guards yesterday tried to remove my ranger from the wallet before realising what it was and apologising ;)

Incidentally, bought it from Euston, still old stock. Piccadilly booking office not seen any new stock from them either. Get with it Virgin!

One of the guards looked at it for a few seconds so I'm pretty sure that he realises that it is a Ranger, yet he still proceeded to clip it.

I had the same happen to me with an Anglia Plus..though it is Anglia!

Must be an Anglian thing. I remember a tale by someone a while back that an Anglia Plus 3-Day Rover was unrecognisable by the end due to all the holes missing.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
London Victoria and Egham TVMs have the new stock, but the Egham TO is still issuing old stock, as is Derby.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
RSP9299/PEN from a Greater Anglia conductor this morning.

Attachments

• DSC_0514.jpg
    DSC_0514.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 194

Manchester77

Established Member
Man selling tickets from a hand held machine just before you go up to platforms 3&4 at Stockport had a big pile of blank ones

GatwickDepress

Established Member
My ranger was printed on new stock. Nice to see the text describing the cross-London transfer symbol shows both a standard cross and a Maltese cross.

Attachments

• DSCF0603.jpg
    DSCF0603.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 215

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Ellesmere Port TVM, Chester TVM and guard from Wrexham General now issuing these new style tickets. I think they're pretty much everywhere now.

bicbasher

Established Member
Has anyone seen these on the NR TfL stock used at London Overground and certain LUL stations yet?

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Back on topic.. can we compile a list of the ticket issuing locations which are using the new style stock?

TP

Sure ;)

I know these tickets appear to be rolled out everywhere and a lot of places have them but I'll compile a list. And I'll keep editing it, but it's going to be a big list!

London Victoria Gatwick Express and Southern TVM
Waterloo
Clapham Junction S&B TVM
Bristol Temple Meads ticket office
Reading
Haslemere TVM
Cardiff Central
London Bridge TVM
Warrington Central ticket office
Liverpool Lime Street higher level ticket office
Birkenhead Hamilton Square ticket office
ATW guard (Manchester-Llandudno)
Scarborough TVM
Epsom
London Marylebone TVM
Bromborough ticket office
Swansea TVM
Northern guards in the Manchester area
Kwvr45's Avantix mobile :D
Sidcup TVM
Norwich
Huddersfield TVM in one hopper
Possibly a GA guard but definitely an Avantix (See post #124 by BB21)
Glasgow Central SR ticket office
Guard out of Glasgow Queen Street
Newcastle
Welwyn Garden City TVM
Egham TVM
Greater Anglia guard
Southampton Airport Parkway
Colchester
York ticket office
Ellesmere Port TVM
Chester TVM
ATW guard (Birmingham-Holyhead)
Didcot Parkway left hand TVM
Redhill Ticket office
Redhill TVM (mix of new and old)
St Albans
London Paddington card only TVM on top of bridge over the middle of platforms.
East Dulwich (Southern) card only TVM
Bournemouth ticket office and TVM's
East Coast guard
Inverness ticket office
TPE guard (Blackpool North-Manchester Airport)
Middlesbrough fasticket machine
Hertford North
Manchester Airport TPE fastticket machine

List updated 13:29 26/07/13

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
You can add Northern guards on the Shipley triangle - I've had 2 sets of new tickets in recent weeks.

Lockwood

I saw a car at work yesterday with a Winchfield issued car park ticket with the new logo on.

rebmcr

Established Member
Does anybody have intel on how long before the new printing template is introduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.