• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New ticket design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Has anyone seen these on the NR TfL stock used at London Overground and certain LUL stations yet?

Yes I have one somewhere...

...also got one from St Albans (stock was upside down in the printer so NR logo in top right!) and Paddington, card-only TVM at the top of the bridge over the middle of the platforms :P)

ModernRailways

Established Member
Sunderland doesn't have the new stock, but I was told by the staff member there that the TVM is being changed next week and the ticket office should also be getting more stock. I'm guessing it will be the new one.

I'll let you know if/when it gets the new stock.

antharro

Bournemouth ticket office and TVMs have had the new tickets for the last couple of weeks. Guard on a Waterloo fast yesterday had the older tickets in his machine.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just got a new one from an EC guard.

Further to this, my guard had to note on a ticket to allow a passenger to travel back to Leeds as they'd got on the wrong train. He didn't use the box on the back - probably as it took about 3 times as much room. He put his contact details too.

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Got one from a TPE guard the other day too... he had them loaded upside down! :roll: Haha

causton

Established Member
Got one from a TPE guard the other day too... he had them loaded upside down! :roll: Haha

Same in St Albans ticket office. I would say it's easy to get it wrong but I never had the old style upside down, the logo is in the same place, and on the back the text would be upside down - even if you missed the RSP / NR text on the front! :|

Searle

Established Member
I've got some from Hertford North, seems like they're pretty common around London now from what I can see

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Still not got one :( there was one in the bin at Stockport I was tempted to fish out and have a look at ;)

I assume you are from Manchester, I watched a TPE fasticket machine being filled up with this new stock at Manchester Airport, and on the way in, I watched a TPE guard fill his avantix with some! ATW guards on the Llandudno route have this stock on their Avantix (my tickets from Helsby today were on this stock) and Gnolife has reported that Northern guards are issuing this stock. Next place nearest to Manchester I can confirm having this stock, is Warrington Central but there is definitely loads nearer that have it, I just haven't seen it myself.

Manchester77

Established Member
Thanks i know i saw a big pile of blanks at Stockport where the northern ticket inspecters are in the underpass. I've been using the virgin trains cash TVMs at Piccadilly

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Thanks i know i saw a big pile of blanks at Stockport where the northern ticket inspecters are in the underpass. I've been using the virgin trains cash TVMs at Piccadilly

Try the ticket office, I did see a few of these on the floor at Piccadilly. Maybe try the Northern TVM as well.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
List updated 13:29 26/07/13
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
(Thought I might bring the list forwards so people don't have to go back.)

Back on topic.. can we compile a list of the ticket issuing locations which are using the new style stock?

TP

Sure ;)

I know these tickets appear to be rolled out everywhere and a lot of places have them but I'll compile a list. And I'll keep editing it, but it's going to be a big list!

London Victoria Gatwick Express and Southern TVM
Waterloo
Clapham Junction S&B TVM
Bristol Temple Meads ticket office
Reading
Haslemere TVM
Cardiff Central
London Bridge TVM
Warrington Central ticket office
Liverpool Lime Street higher level ticket office
Birkenhead Hamilton Square ticket office
ATW guard (Manchester-Llandudno)
Scarborough TVM
Epsom
London Marylebone TVM
Bromborough ticket office
Swansea TVM
Northern guards in the Manchester area
Kwvr45's Avantix mobile :D
Sidcup TVM
Norwich
Huddersfield TVM in one hopper
Possibly a GA guard but definitely an Avantix (See post #124 by BB21)
Glasgow Central SR ticket office
Guard out of Glasgow Queen Street
Newcastle
Welwyn Garden City TVM
Egham TVM
Greater Anglia guard
Southampton Airport Parkway
Colchester
York ticket office
Ellesmere Port TVM
Chester TVM
ATW guard (Birmingham-Holyhead)
Didcot Parkway left hand TVM
Redhill Ticket office
Redhill TVM (mix of new and old)
St Albans
London Paddington card only TVM on top of bridge over the middle of platforms.
East Dulwich (Southern) card only TVM
Bournemouth ticket office and TVM's
East Coast guard
Inverness ticket office
TPE guard (Blackpool North-Manchester Airport)
Middlesbrough fasticket machine
Hertford North
Manchester Airport TPE fastticket machine

List updated 13:29 26/07/13

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have deleted a number of posts that were descending into personal arguments and taking this thread off-topic. I would remind all contributors that our Forum Rules clearly state:

Respectful
  • We aim to create a friendly environment for all members, where individuals respect each other. Please ensure your contributions comply with this.

I would ask that everyone who is contributing to this thread keeps that in mind.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've had the new ticket design from;

- Northern guards based out of Sheffield and Middlesborough
- TPE ticket office at Hull
- FGW TVM at Paddington
- EMT TVMs/ToDler machines at Lincoln

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I've had new tickets this week from the self-service machine at Bangor and from a guard just after leaving Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

That's annoying - there's no space between "silio" and "gogo" in my edit but there is in the displayed version.

Last edited:

Deathbyteacup

What do tickets with "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" as origin / destination actually say, out of curiosity?

Bungle73

On Moderation
What do tickets with "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" as origin / destination actually say, out of curiosity?

Probably the proper name of the station and area, because that is not it. It was just made up for tourists' benefit.

transmanche

Established Member
Llanfairpwll (St Mary's in the hollow). The nearby village is Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (St Mary's in the hollow of white hazel). The long name is a Victorian invention.

Manchester77

Established Member
The northern ticket machine at the top of the stairs for platforms 13&14 at Manchetsre Piccadilly now have the new stock :D

Muzer

Established Member
I've had new tickets this week from the self-service machine at Bangor and from a guard just after leaving Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

That's annoying - there's no space between "silio" and "gogo" in my edit but there is in the displayed version.

It's a forum feature to prevent people from breaking the tables with very long strings with no spaces. Moot nowadays because each post is usually in a separate table in most skins (or something else is done to prevent this) - but in old skins, you could make everyone's posts look really odd by posting a very long string.

pinguini

It seems that destinations in the Midlands haven't made much of an appearance in this thread; but the TVM at Worcester Foregate street is now issuing them.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Llanfairpwll (St Mary's in the hollow). The nearby village is Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (St Mary's in the hollow of white hazel). The long name is a Victorian invention.

This is what its printed on the tickets. However the long name is on the outside of the station and the platform. I did not see the shorter name on the station (though it may have been on the timetable poster - I didn't have long enough to look).

Status
Not open for further replies.