• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New to forum - advice sought please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caad12

Hi

I'm a total newbie to the forum, have had a read through over the last few weeks and decided to join.

I've recently applied to Northern for position as Trainee Driver. You can probably guess what I'm going to ask about - the process! So if anyone can guide me to a page where this may be already discussed that'd be great and a massive thanks too.

I'm not from a rail background, have never worked in the industry but have had my eye on this type of role for the last couple of years and I've decided that a change of career is now what I need and when Northern advertised, well, it seemed too good an opportunity to not apply for.

So I'll hopefully hear back from the chaps/esses on the forum - seems a friendly and informative place and I hope to become part of the community.

Thanks.

D.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

smoore102

Hello and welcome,

I too am interested in this. I applied for the same job in Leeds, but unfortunately got rejected at the application form. I do have other assessments lined up for another TOC and I imagine the process will be similar for both companies, so any help is good help.

Good luck with your application.

Simon

OneLowban

Hello. First of all good luck to both of you.

The general process but not in the same order or at the same time, is stage 1 assessments, stage 2 assessments, MMI, DMI, medical = job, providing all are passed.

I personally am at the last stage before the medical which is the DMI.

I would suggest all the information you need would be at the top of the forum or by searching in the top right for words such as ‘assessments’, ‘MMI’ and ‘DMI’.

MMI - Multimodal Interview (part of the assessments.

DMI - Driver(s) Manager Interview (general company interview).

Good luck again!

Status
Not open for further replies.