• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New - Trainee drivers MTR Crossrail Plumstead Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1

That's absolutely fantastic mate, I thought you had it in the bag, well done. A lot of hard work gone in, still waiting on mine but really pleased for you mate, you sound like a nice bloke.

Thank's Sotac, got my fingers crossed, I hope it's good news also for shahid and you mate, we might be in the same class if all goes well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cseasy1984

Congrats The1, sorry you had to through that nervous wait, they were pretty quick in contacting me. Either way I know the feeling of having that weight off your shoulders gone, now it's just the wait to start.

The1

Congrats The1, sorry you had to through that nervous wait, they were pretty quick in contacting me. Either way I know the feeling of having that weight off your shoulders gone, now it's just the wait to start.

Thanks Cseasy, when is your provisional start date? mines is in March.

NickR

Thank's NickR, Likewise, when is your provisional start date? just seen it Jan-Feb 2018

Yep 2nd January. Although they did call me a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted to start even earlier. Got my first baby due at end of November though so had be sensible and turn it down. Apparently medicals will start in October.

Termak

Congrats The1 and NickR on passing your DMI..it was sure nit an easy journey. Just an update on my side..I got an offer for depot driver with another TOC..hoping to apply for mainline with them when opportunity comes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NickR

Congrats The1 and NickR on passing your DMI..it was sure nit an easy journey. Just an update on my side..I got an offer for depot driver with another TOC..hoping to apply for mainline with them when opportunity comes.

That's excellent news mate, well done.

The1

Hi Termak, Thanks mate and a big well done to you for persevering. I know it is not what you exactly wanted but it's a start.

Last edited:

cseasy1984

Thanks Cseasy, when is your provisional start date? mines is in March.

They gave me a start date of 5th Feb 2018 but then got a call asking if I could start 2nd October this year so I jumped at the chance. I've done the medical and now they are processing my references so hopefully will get a contract through soon.

The1

How long did you wait after having the dmi the1?

Hi Shahid, I had my DMI on the 23rd June and waited till the 10th of July before contacting them by email, then recieved a phone call later that day to say I was successful. Are you still waiting mate?

The1

They gave me a start date of 5th Feb 2018 but then got a call asking if I could start 2nd October this year so I jumped at the chance. I've done the medical and now they are processing my references so hopefully will get a contract through soon.

Hi Cseasy, that nice that they gave you an option to start earlier. I wish I could get a call like that to start earlier. Nice one mate so you will be onboard with the MTR Crossrail team this year. I bet your pleased.

Last edited:

shahid_altaf

Hi Shahid, I had my DMI on the 23rd June and waited till the 10th of July before contacting them by email, then recieved a phone call later that day to say I was successful. Are you still waiting mate?

Yeah still waiting, so is sotac, it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow

cseasy1984

Hi Cseasy, that nice that they gave you an option to start earlier. I wish I could get a call like that to start earlier. Nice one mate so you will be onboard with the MTR Crossrail team this year. I bet your pleased.

Yep very pleased. And funnily enough the contract arrived today so it now feels very final and exciting.

The1

Yep very pleased. And funnily enough the contract arrived today so it now feels very final and exciting.

Hi Cseasy,

Just an Update my contract also arrived today, so I signed it and sent it back by recorded delivery.

The1

No nothing yet mate, Still waiting patiently on tenterhooks.

Hi Sotac,

If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, this goes for you as well shahid.
Then you will need to email the recruitment team, this is the email address that you are going to need [email protected] Good Luck Guys. wishing it's positive news for you both.

Sotac464

Hi Sotac,

If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, this goes for you as well shahid.
Then you will need to email the recruitment team, this is the email address that you are going to need [email protected] Good Luck Guys. wishing it's positive news for you both.

Lovely thanks mate. I'm going to wait until Friday and email then, if I haven't heard tomorrow.

PJSADI

First time post, but this forum has been of great help over the past few months, and over the moon to have been offered a start date of 5th March!
DMI was two weeks ago on the 28th, and had a voicemail left on Monday, resulting in a call back to them yesterday morning, and the job offer. Contract received this morning.

Best of luck to those still waiting, and looking forward to meeting those starting next year...

NickR

Received my contract as well today - wasn't expecting it for another few months so that was a great surprise. Had a big grin on my face when I saw what it was. So excited now!

The1

First time post, but this forum has been of great help over the past few months, and over the moon to have been offered a start date of 5th March!
DMI was two weeks ago on the 28th, and had a voicemail left on Monday, resulting in a call back to them yesterday morning, and the job offer. Contract received this morning.

Best of luck to those still waiting, and looking forward to meeting those starting next year...

Hi Pjsadi, Well done for making it. To all those that received their contracts yesterday, what a great feeling isn't it. As long as we pass the last three which is medical, satisfactory references and DBS then we would have made it, After that we have the next phase to complete which is working hard to pass all our exams, well done to all that has passed all the stages and good luck to all those still on this wonderful journey. I hope to see you next year.

shahid_altaf

Just got told that I didn't get it, have asked for feedback and will let you guys know what it was, good luck to all of you and all the best with the future, this forum has been very helpful to me, thank you guys

The1

Just got told that I didn't get it, have asked for feedback and will let you guys know what it was, good luck to all of you and all the best with the future, this forum has been very helpful to me, thank you guys

Hi Shahid, so sorry to hear that mate, don't give up though mate you're nearly there, just need to get the feedback and work on what was needed to make a stronger case for next time. keep your chin up mate, you'll get it at your next attempt.

Sotac464

Didn't make it either guy's, absolutely distraught.
Everybody who did make it, I wish you the very best of luck, and hope you have a fantastic career with Mtr Crossrail.

I said it in my interview that it's Crossrail or nothing for me, I'm not interested in other tocs.

Hopefully they will advertise again next year, and then I will nail it.

All the best.

The1

Didn't make it either guy's, absolutely distraught.
Everybody who did make it, I wish you the very best of luck, and hope you have a fantastic career with Mtr Crossrail.

I said it in my interview that it's Crossrail or nothing for me, I'm not interested in other tocs.

Hopefully they will advertise again next year, and then I will nail it.

All the best.

Hi Sotac, so sorry to hear that mate, just request feedback and strengthen your approach for next time, like i said to shahid keep your chin up and reapply at your next available opportunity and I know that you will make it in your next attempt. Don't give up hope you will get there mate.

The1

Good Morning PJSADI, have they contacted you for your medical yet? I understand in some cases they will contact you 3-5 months before your start date to arrange date for medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.