• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New underwater and land photos (railway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taw valley

www.mitchell285.fotopic.net

ive got loads of photos from cornwall and devon with the cornish trips behind Ian Rileys black 5 45407

a trip to the S S Thislegorm and the 8F's tenders below sea level

and a trip to the eastborune miniuture railway :)

anyone interested just click on my address as the top of this post or below

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
May I ask why they're in the sea. I take it the ship carrying them sunk or something? Certainly some interesting shots!

taw valley

S.S Thislegorm in Egyption waters. was sunk by two torpedios during WW2 on route to some place lol i dont know where to.

there was two of them attached to the deck and the locomotive part is some 20 meters either side of the ship .

WessexWarrior

Great shots man, good stuff :)

I'm not sure if you'd know, but why are Swanage and other such locos sitting at Ropley rotting? :(

taw valley

not overly sure , i think its mainly owening politics with the railway , which i hope you can understand is something i wish not to get into open coverstation with but a jist of it is

the owner isnt happy with the railway and the railway isnt happy with the owner . and shares of some of the locos cant be found and with out them the 51% cant be achived to start any planning on there life .

also we have two of our own engines we need to get out first before anymore go into restoration . although im hoping one day someone is going to atlest give them a good cosmetic clean up to help pervese some of the bits inside .

Status
Not open for further replies.