• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New User Rank Introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Quite a tame punishment, too...what happened to the forum cattle prod and branding iron? ;)

Investigations are still ongoing, but we believe they were left on a Gatwick Express service and are rumoured to be in Left Luggage at Victoria. I mean have you seen the reclaim fees?!

Crossover

Established Member
The new rank currently kicks in somewhere between 9,745 and 10,328 posts based in two consecutive posters I've seen

I suspect the actual number is generated by the same device that generates random numbers for Northern's daily stock allocations though, so deducing the exact point where it kicks in won't be that straightforward.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I read it is 'It wasn't me' by Shark Attacks 2015 ;) :p

Only joking, I too thought it was that Shaggy. :oops:

Upon seeing the title of your linked music video, I assumed it instantly to be Shaggy of Scooby-Doo fame... :oops:

How many more postings will it take for me to achieve this crowning accolade. It would sure look good on my CV!

Shows what sort of music you listened to when you were growing up!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There are times, when looking at the "Top Posters" final column which yorkie seems to assume divine proportions upon with his vast number of postings made, with him having made so very many of his postings of guidance and wisdom since the website started, that I wonder where I got the time since joining the website in April 2011 from to make the number of 17,487 "official...and non-Quizzes and Games" postings that see me in second place....."at the right hand of the Father" ... :D

Mind you, if all my Quizzes and Games postings were added to my official postings (for example over 20,000 on "The Next Station Is" quiz alone), even yorkie will admit that I would give him a good run for his money.

Last edited:

krus_aragon

Established Member
Moreover Paul, if you consider length of service, your post rate beats his (and probably everyone elses) hands down.

Crossover

Established Member
Moreover Paul, if you consider length of service, your post rate beats his (and probably everyone elses) hands down.

10.66 posts (non quiz) per day on average for Paul at present - can anyone match that, even over a relatively short time frame?

krus_aragon

Established Member
10.66 posts (non quiz) per day on average for Paul at present - can anyone match that, even over a relatively short time frame?

I used to average three or so in my early days here, but that has since tailed off dramatically. Still, the new rank, in the best tradition of gamification, gives me a little motivation to post more often than I lurk. (3 posts a day might get me to 10k posts by 2023!) :P

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
2.96 posts per day for me on average. That would have been a lot higher in my early days!

David

Established Member

OUr distinquished member would have been reasonably well up the leader board in times gone by on here, but usually there was a certain former ban-ministrator who was consistantly at the top of the daily, 7 day and 28 day lists, and for quite a while he was in the top 3 or 4 for all time posts as well (and he never even looked in the quiz section, so no big boost to his totals from there either).

backontrack

Established Member

Probably, when I joined. But only on the quiz forum, and not now.

Incidentally, how do you calculate this?

backontrack

Established Member
Having just done this, I average about 1.4 'official' posts a day. Of course, this doesn't involve the quiz forum, so my real number's probably a lot higher.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Go to the statistics tab on this page and it shows the posts per day for that user (excluding Quiz forum posts as they don't count for user post counts).

I calculated it manually, but thanks! I'm actually commenting more in the rest of the forum than I used to, and I'm getting into Trip Reporting and POTW a bit.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm also the third top poster of the last day, the second of the last week, and the second of the last month (880, counting quiz posts).

Apparently I have an average of six (including quiz posts) per day, as a passing moderator very kindly agreed to tally them up for me upon being asked.

Last edited:

The Snap

Established Member
Is this Veteran status being issued on a number of posts basis?

While I haven't reached the tens of thousands of posts mark that some committed souls have, I have been trudging through this forum since June 2005! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.