• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New vid cam (Sony HC35) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Have just got a new video camera, Sony HC35. I have followed the instructions etc and installed it properly (3 times), but when I transfer video to my PC, the Framerates are awful, anyone have this camera or simular? If so, do you have the same problem?

Any help appreciated

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Are you transferring using firewire or usb? What program are you using to capture? Do you know how fast your harddrive is?

RJ

Established Member
Are you opening the video on the camera's memory card? If you copy it onto the computer, then open the copied file, this problem is solved. Its something to do with the memory card data speed.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joe H said:
Are you opening the video on the camera's memory card? If you copy it onto the computer, then open the copied file, this problem is solved. Its something to do with the memory card data speed.

He is talking about a camcorder not a still digital camera

Richmond

He is talking about a camcorder not a still digital camera

Sony camcorders can use both memory card or dv tape.:dontknow:

Jordy

Established Member
Its DV tape

Are you transferring using firewire or usb? What program are you using to capture? Do you know how fast your harddrive is?

USB, using Sony 'Picture Package' software. Have a pathetic 256mb of RAM (but that shouldnt affect anything??) and 70gb of free space on hard drive.

Jordy

Richmond

Use the firewire 1394 lead as it will drop less frames on the transfer and give best possible results.

Lesjordans

And use Firewire with Windows Movie maker and use the 2nd Option which says it gives 30 FPS, and the size is a reasonable 320 x 160

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Firewire is also the best method for transfer of videos, and don't be put off by the price for cables in stores such as Dixons etc. Buy from a small computer store, the cables are much cheaper there!

Jordy

Established Member
I dont even know if my PC has a firewire plug in point, what do they look like?

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.