• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Zealand votes in favour of same sex marrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintonian

Established Member
How many countries is that now that have legalised some form of same sex marriage?

Anyway I do wish our parliament was like this instead of shouting insults at each other all the time. :)

[youtube]DW4DXOAXF8U[/youtube]
The results of the vote are announced

NZ parliament TV

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
Saw this on facebook a couple of days ago.

[youtube]pCDEiaoEP2U[/youtube]

Puts it simply for all those bigots, homophobes and gay-bashers.

Established Member
General feeling from those members who opposed the motion in New Zealand parliament was well... we lost, but hey we've got one over on the Aussies again ;)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Saw this on facebook a couple of days ago.

This guy is my hero.
4.gif

Trog

Established Member
Just a thought but will a lot of Lesbian relationships collapse after marriage when the taste of their own wedding cake puts both partners off sex for life? :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a thought but will a lot of Lesbian relationships collapse after marriage when the taste of their own wedding cake puts both partners off sex for life? :)

I don't get it.

Squaddie

How many countries is that now that have legalised some form of same sex marriage?
This BBC article has a map detailing the countries that have legalised gay marriage. This doesn't include those that permit civil partnerships or some other type of recognised relationship.

It's not exactly a tidal wave of liberal legislation yet, but I do think it's unstoppable. Fifty years from now the fact that gay people were ever prevented from getting married will be as incomprehensible as the fact that mixed race marriages were once illegal.

455driver

Veteran Member
I don't get it.

Its the old joke about women being nymphomaniacs before getting married but once they have "tasted the cake" ie got married they go celibate and the sex life is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.