• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newbie: How Do i Tilt Trains? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperVoyager

Hello, does anyone know where i could get somthing that tilts trains like.. Voyager, Pendolino etc?

Any Support Would Be Great!

Cheerz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamster

The pendolino from TSC can tilt if you press 4 a yellow light comes on,
When thats not illuminated it will tilt:D

hope it helps,

James

Simon_G

BVE doesn't really do tilting trains, but you can make a train tilt more than usual on curves by reducing the gauge of the route. That's what BRR does if you tick the "Tilting train" box in its "Starting options" dialog. The trouble is that this will make the train tilt more on all curves, even at low speeds, so it can look a bit odd. Also, as the trick has nothing to do with the train itself, you can make any train tilt, so a tilting Class 31 is well within the bounds of possibility.

If you want to edit the route file yourself, look for

Route.Gauge 1435

near the top of the file.

SuperVoyager

BVE doesn't really do tilting trains, but you can make a train tilt more than usual on curves by reducing the gauge of the route. That's what BRR does if you tick the "Tilting train" box in its "Starting options" dialog. The trouble is that this will make the train tilt more on all curves, even at low speeds, so it can look a bit odd. Also, as the trick has nothing to do with the train itself, you can make any train tilt, so a tilting Class 31 is well within the bounds of possibility.

If you want to edit the route file yourself, look for

Route.Gauge 1435

near the top of the file.

Thanks for the info. i have done what you said and clicked tilting train but then when i go onto the route/train... its all the same..no tilt.
is there somthing im missing out?

cheerz

Simon_G

I've just had a look at the processed route file that BRR writes if you select "Tilting train" and it doesn't seem to be modifying the gauge. So, unless BRR is doing something different to simulate tilt (which from your experience it doesn't seem to be) it looks like you'll have to edit the route files yourself if you want tilting trains.

SuperVoyager

I've just had a look at the processed route file that BRR writes if you select "Tilting train" and it doesn't seem to be modifying the gauge. So, unless BRR is doing something different to simulate tilt (which from your experience it doesn't seem to be) it looks like you'll have to edit the route files yourself if you want tilting trains.
I got the tilt working but when i drive the route, the train just takes random points and drives straight through other static trains... is there a way to set where it goes?

cheerz

mbonwick

Established Member
It's in the BVE FAQ how to use BRR (well, sort of)I'm sure Velaro knows the URL better than em, even though I wrote it! :lol:

SuperVoyager

It's in the BVE FAQ how to use BRR (well, sort of)I'm sure Velaro knows the URL better than em, even though I wrote it! :lol:
Thanks for all the info. i have got the tilt working and have been using bve all day and now for some reason the timetable at the start wont do anything when i press f3 or f4 and f2 does nothing eather.. is there a way to stop this?

cheerz

Status
Not open for further replies.