• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle Central - 26/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

valenta

I'm an avid watcher of your video's on YouTube and this one is excellent.
Nice to see a variety of trains from the wonderful XC and EC HST's to the not so wonderful (putting it mildly) Pacers!

alexdodds

I'm an avid watcher of your video's on YouTube and this one is excellent.
Nice to see a variety of trains from the wonderful XC and EC HST's to the not so wonderful (putting it mildly) Pacers!

And a Metro which I had to sneak in :)

On a sunny day in October its good because if you stand at the south side like I did for some shots you can get photos with the sun shining on the trains.

Last edited:

HST Power

Established Member
A very good video. Newcastle is an excellent place to go and photograph, albeit the fact that it is a major station the staff are always friendly and keen to welcome train spotters. You have to be a bit more cautious on the T&W but the novelty of taking photos of the same consists over and over again quickly wears off when you realise you could be up in the main station with the HSTs, 185s and Voyagers!!!

(no offence intended to the T&W Metro, I love it really! :D)

alexdodds

A very good video. Newcastle is an excellent place to go and photograph, albeit the fact that it is a major station the staff are always friendly and keen to welcome train spotters. You have to be a bit more cautious on the T&W but the novelty of taking photos of the same consists over and over again quickly wears off when you realise you could be up in the main station with the HSTs, 185s and Voyagers!!!

(no offence intended to the T&W Metro, I love it really! :D)

Officially I have stopped using my camcorder on the Metro to do long videos because it is far too dangerous. Its fine for doing the one shot like in my video posted above but not fine for going round the system all day and using it.

And yeah staff at Central Station are friendly. Always someone friendly in the station office on platform 1 that gives you a visitors badge.

Last edited:

alexdodds

What camera are you using, if you don't mind me asking? :)

No problem. Since May this year I have been using the Samsung SMX-F40. Got it off Tesco Outlet on ebay for £99. Its a seller refurbished model and it works perfect.

And since August the youtube versions of my vids are edited using AVS video editor. The DVD versions the ones I watch on my TV are converted into MPEG 2 files with the Standard TV format using Super converter and then edited using Pinnacle Studio 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.