• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
As from tomorrow (Friday) until Monday I will be in Sunny Gosforth (6 stations/about 10 minutes from Newcastle Central on the Metro) and was wondering if anyone knew and good locations in or around Newcastle to get some good shots.

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
If anyone has any freight times for the Newcastle area they'd be most appriciated.

eezypeazy

Manors station should be pretty good - the railway station, that is, not the Metro - very few trains stop there, but everything that's going through is at a relatively low speed.... I think it's mentioned on a photting site somewhere....

Anyway, fancy you coming all the way up here, when I'm heading off to Devon for the week....

eezypeazy

Jordy

Established Member
Manors is most definately worth a try! You can also get some shots lineside there and on the footbridge.

Jordy

Craig

Established Member
There's also a few places on the Tyne Valley. Today's probably the best day for freight, as it's a bank holiday on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.