• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I assume you will be going to the Reebok, in which case Horwich Parkway is your best station.
Transpennine advance singles Newcastle-Bolton (use www.nationalexpresseastcoast.co.uk - after searching if no advance fares are shown, click on 'show slower routes' on the left, then select 'Transpennine only'). If this doesn't work get advance singles Newcastle-Manchester.
You will then need cheap day returns from either Manchester or Bolton to Horwich.

Well done for today, you deserved the win and I think you will no just about stay up. I can't see us getting another point.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Haven't checked any fares or anything, but just an idea...

Local service (Northern or TPE) to Manchester Picc

Cross Country to Leeds/York (get an advanced ticket)

Leeds/York to Newcastle, probably with NXEC or XC (again, advanced purchase)

mathmo

Splitting at York and Leeds means you can get Off-Peak Day Returns all the way and total cost (to Horwich Parkway) is £50.20, so £11.80 saved over the direct fare. Can't see any obvious ways to get it lower though.

John @ home

Established Member
Splitting at York and Leeds means you can get Off-Peak Day Returns all the way and total cost (to Horwich Parkway) is £50.20, so £11.80 saved over the direct fare. Can't see any obvious ways to get it lower though.

Splitting at York and Stalybridge brings it down to £47.20 but limits the choice of TPE services to those that stop at Stalybridge.

Splitting at York and Rochdale is £44.70 but journey time is usually over 4 hours each way rather than 3 hours 20 mins.

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Thanks for the replies, think I may have to do this by coach due to the costs:|
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Managed to get some advance fares for this trip. Booked the 8.33 Newcastle for £8.90, then the the 9.58 York - Manchester for £7. The return journey is £9.50 and £8 on the 18.57 and 20.41 respectively. £33.40 in total, thats a result:)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Managed to book onto the 17.27 Horwich Parkway - Manchester service. Even though its only £3.20 and 29 minutes its good to have a seat to slink into when we have lost:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.