• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle to Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kier

I need to go on a weekday (offpeak) and £32 with a railcard seems a tad steep. I cannot seem to get any splits so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Splitting at Berwick seems to save a few quid and most of the fast EC trains (xx00 from KGX, xx30 from EDB) stop there.

John @ home

Established Member
See Please read before asking for fares advice for the information we need to be able to give you best advice.

Railcard Newcastle to Edinburgh Standard Single fares available on day of travel are:
Super Off-Peak Single £24.40 (M-F not 0300-0930)
Anytime Single £31.35
Anytime Single £18.50 (by CrossCountry trains only)

Cheaper Advance tickets are available if you can book in advance and accept a ticket valid only on one particular train.

Last edited:

Established Member
There is a special offer of £25 one way for 1st class until midnight tonight, for a limited timeframe. You also don't state if it is a return journey or just one way.

Kier

I am very sorry, it is a same day return trip made after 9:30 with a 16-25 railcard and will be one day next week (unsure which day).

I need flexibility so an advance ticket is out.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
All tickets are Super Off-Peak Returns (in this case - travel after 09:30, outbound within 1 day, return within 1 month) unless otherwise stated.

Newcastle to Edinburgh - £32.00

Newcastle to Berwick upon Tweed - £14.85
and Berwick upon Tweed to Edinburgh - £14.35: total of £29.20

Newcastle to Dunbar Direct - £18.40 and Dunbar to Edinburgh Cheap Day Return (outward not before 05:00, outward and return journies on same day) - £7.15: total of £25.55

Obviously you would have to make sure that your trains stopped at these stations. Some more experienced members of the forum may be able to give better advice.

calc7

Established Member
Not that many stop at Dunbar (though the late ones southbound tend to) so you'll need to weigh up saving the £3.50ish if you split there.

Status
Not open for further replies.