• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle to York - Including "Then & Now" Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
It hs been a while since the last screenshot, mostly due once again to the type of work I am doing at the moment on the route which doesn't really show anything new for the most part. Here is a new shot of Durham showing some changes made to platform 2, i.e narrowed platform, car park barrier etc. Maybe some people wouldn't see such things as essential and with limited objects it can be hard to do but as people already know, I am trying to achieve as much realism as possible.

15801zc.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
Cheers Andy.

It must be video time! A day at Durham featuring passenger and freight services and even the 86 on a railtour!

[youtube]9elDBcAnTYs[/youtube]

Darandio

Established Member
Tonight I thought I would do a video on the route specifically related to the Armstrong Powerhouse Valenta pack. Watch in HD for maximum effect.

[youtube]t-5wmdThXHA[/youtube]

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Absolutely loved it matey, it satisfied my Valenta fix for the time being, which can only be a good thing!

Keep up the fine work matey!:D

Darandio

Established Member
Although there have been little updates here and there and a few videos, I haven't really added many screenshots of late. Now that the progress of the route is now in the "final straight", here are some new screenshots of various locations along the route.

Operating a railtour, 45440 awaits the road at Tursdale Junction.

3355ppy.jpg

Continuing the railtour theme, a Class 40 runs slowly through Darlington North Road on the "Weardale Wanderer".

2luyrnk.jpg

The same tour is routed into Platform 4 at Darlington to allow an NXEC service to call at Platform 1.

29g1l05.jpg

A DB\EWS Class 66 rejoins the slow lines at Skelton Bridge junction.

x3vfc5.jpg

Before the introduction of the FTPE Class 185's, this would have been a regular sight. Here we see a Class 158 pausing at Chester-Le-Street.

tao5km.jpg

Conveying a rake of Mk3 coaches from Wilton to Wabtec in Doncaster, Cotswold Rail Class 47 "Captain Sensible", heads through Northallerton.

35mjq6o.jpg

A short time later, First GBRF 66701 heads in the other direction with a heavy coal working.

qobp0g.jpg

Following problems earlier in the Newcastle area, a GNER HST is forced to await an available platform on the outskirts of Darlington.

ih4pr4.jpg

Running around 50 minutes down, the same service arrives into York.

10ht62r.jpg

At Newcastle, three different HST's in varying liveries await their next duty.

dneg6q.jpg

A NXEC HST storms through Thirsk at full line speed on a delightful summers evening.

2qmzpd3.jpg

Finally, in a beautiful setting with Durham Cathedral in the background, a Crosscountry Voyager pauses at Durham whilst operating a service to the Scottish Capital.

2afn96b.jpg

As ever, all comments are greatly appreciated.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
They're looking superb shots there Darren, I can just hear those fantastic sounds when I look at those screenshots!

Keep at it matey!

Would have told you this much on MSN, but I was delayed due to sorting out stuff in Herefordshire and didn't get a chance to go online until 0300! Will hopefully hear from you later in the week, although will PM you no doubt upon my eventual return to Wiltshire.

Darandio

Established Member
Taken from Railworks, here is a video featuring the new EWS 37 reskin from David Hossack.

[youtube]lATa9kPck3w[/youtube]

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not enough of the 37 in there I'm afraid. Loved the HSTs in it mind, but for a video supposedly featuring the 37...

Darandio

Established Member
I am waiting for the new soundpack first mate. The 37 sounds that come with the game are good but here is a preview of what is to come.

[youtube]Y3b_o4PudxY[/youtube]

Darandio

Established Member
It has been a while since an update but don't worry, the route is still alive and kicking. Much of the work now is adding finer detail, fixing bits and pieces to add a more realistic feel and bringing the stations to life, something that is acknowledged as not the case in both RS and RW. Simple examples of these can be seen in the screenshots below, both in Newcastle Central station itself and also on the bridge shot where the gantries have been lifted and the bridge supports utilised, just like in real life.

2eknqq9.jpg

j5z7g3.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
Cheers mate.

With Newcastle and the surrounding area pretty much nearing completion, I have decided to do another one of my "platform end" videos using the Railworks platform. Newcastle has featured in a couple of my previous videos but only really played a bit part, mainly at the south end of the station.

This video is solely dedicated to passenger traffic in the Newcastle Central area and features AI movements, generated as part of my testing of the area. Hopefully you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it.

[youtube]tlCLzt_WhuM[/youtube]

MCR247

Established Member
The TGS one the first HST arriving is the wrong way I think

Darandio

Established Member
It is mate, well spotted. You are not the first to pull me up on that. :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Had a watch of this video earlier this afternoon, was quite impressed with that.

Keep up the great work Darren!

Darandio

Established Member
Thanks guys. :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Awaiting departure at Tyne Yard.

mt47b9.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
Some shots from the Low Fell/Tyne Yard area.

A pair of Class 86 locomotives head for the up slow avoider past Tyne Yard on a diverted intermodal working.

2mphs09.jpg

60044 brings some empty hoppers off the main line at Low Fell.

2r6oc45.jpg

An NXEC HST powers through Low Fell whilst forming a southbound service to Kings Cross.

10z95b7.jpg

60015 passes a southbound Class 66 loaded with imported coal.

14x0w36.jpg

Finally, 60015 approaches Tyne Yard and heads for the Tyne South Arrival gate.

fkxxjc.jpg

Bittern

Established Member
I've looked at the blog linked up in your sig, and I gotta say, I love this pic.

I just need a new graphics card and the actual game, then I can play RailWorks!

Darandio

Established Member
Thanks mate, it is one of the better shots I have taken.

A busy day in a "modern" York.

2mwxixy.jpg

iwsl1c.jpg

2d3xo1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.