• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcomer to Train Simulation games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
If I was to start from scratch with a train simulator that is realistic and easy to use (based on the UK) - what should I buy and where from?

How do I buy add-ons etc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Railworks 3 is worth a look especially as there is a sale on currently here http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/ and is as cheap as £2.49 for the next 19 hours. Plenty of add-ons from the UK also available.

Thanks for that Matt.

At that price, it would be silly not to! So I have just bought it! Think I may be coming back on here to ask for basic help as a newbie!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for that Matt.

At that price, it would be silly not to! So I have just bought it! Think I may be coming back on here to ask for basic help as a newbie!

I have it loaded on. Could do with a noddy guide on how to get the best from it really - does one exist? Basic controls etc?

Darandio

Established Member
I have it loaded on. Could do with a noddy guide on how to get the best from it really - does one exist? Basic controls etc?

The manuals would be a good place to start. :D

You can find them in two ways. Either on the launcher under the "Tools & Docs" tab. Or in your RW installation at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Manuals\EN

Masboroughlad

Established Member
OMG. I should not have bought this. it is SO addictive!! Already bought an add-on and 'wasted' 2 hours ths morning! Lots of fun!!!

Crisso

If nothing else, buy the add-on route 'Woodhead' which covers the Manchester-Sheffield-Wath Route and, is based in the early to mid 1950's catching the period feel well, just after the 1500V DC Electrification was implemented. There are Steam scenarios as well but, driving a Class 76 Electric Loco takes some skill on both Passenger and Freight/Coal workings, using regenerative braking as well as handling the steep gradients each side of the namesake cross-Pennines Tunnel. (There are some videos on Youtube to give you a flavour.)

Status
Not open for further replies.