• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newlywed in tears after missing the chance to meet Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
Each to their own I guess. Having said that, I feel as though she might have overreacted?

me123

Established Member
In her defence, she was actually on a honeymoon in East Yorkshire, Scarborough to be precise. So she appears to have travelled 88 miles there and 88 miles back to see a cat.

I feel sorry for her husband.

Flamingo

Established Member
Can't you just imagine her in forty years time:

crazy-cat-lady-color.jpg

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Hmmm, she looks familiar! I think I know her. In her sixties, with six cats? and they're crawling all over her?
Yes, I definitely do know her!

Do you want me to pass on a message?

Flamingo

Established Member
Hmmm, she looks familiar! I think I know her. In her sixties, with six cats? and they're crawling all over her?
Yes, I definitely do know her!

Do you want me to pass on a message?

Yes please - tell Mrs Flamingo that dinner is ready <D

Nevillehill

Felix heard she was coming and just pretended to be asleep. Can you blame him?

It's a vicious thing as well scratched one of the train cleaners after it was sleeping on a 142, it's a nuisance can't get your work done when people are taking pics of it.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes please - tell Mrs Flamingo that dinner is ready <D

Now I can understand why you behave the way you are. :p One big mystery solved.

Coincidentally I won't pass comment on the lady in question. I'm not sure a rail forum is the best place to pass judgement on someone with weird and peculiar traits. I send my sympathy.

Harbornite

Established Member

Coincidentally I won't pass comment on the lady in question. I'm not sure a rail forum is the best place to pass judgement on someone with weird and peculiar traits. I send my sympathy.

I bet that some of the people bashing this woman would travel even further than she did to tick off a rare crossover or loop. Not me though!

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I bet that some of the people bashing this woman would travel even further than she did to tick off a rare crossover or loop. Not me though!

I travelled all the way to Manchester simply for the last service, so it is not entirely unreasonable

Flamingo

Established Member

:lol::lol::lol:

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Stupid cow. I would have never had agreed to marry a women who was likely to sob over not meeting a cat. How is she going to face life's trials and tribulations if she can't get over not meeting a cat? I'd divorce her on the spot.

Let divorce be with you.

Get it? :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I travelled all the way to Manchester simply for the last service, so it is not entirely unreasonable

Yes but you live in 'Ull and support 'Ull City.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
He was probably hoping to see the pussy as well.

They've got married and he still hasn't seen pussy??? Bloody hell what kind of relationship is that? Sounds like a right pair together to me.

Last edited:

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
. . . I won't pass comment on the lady in question. I'm not sure a rail forum is the best place to pass judgement on someone with weird and peculiar traits. I send my sympathy.
Happy to help. I'll pass that kind message on to her too when she gets in. The moggies are waiting. As is her dinner.

I'm not sure a rail forum is the best place to pass judgement on someone with weird and peculiar traits.
You do realise that any policy based on that fine principle would have a devastating effect on much of this forum. Most of it, in fact.

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Have some people not got their irony meters turned on before they posted scorn against this woman?

:lol:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Felix is a she. Presumably the station staff didn't realise that until after she was given a name.

That is the case. Though why a name derived from the Latin felis (meaning cat, obviously) should be gender-specific in any case, I'm not sure...

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member
That is the case. Though why a name derived from the Latin felis (meaning cat, obviously) should be gender-specific in any case, I'm not sure...

It appears Felix is from the Latin felix meaning lucky, Felis (the cat genus) is derived from the Latin feles meaning cat.

LowLevel

Established Member
It's a vicious thing as well scratched one of the train cleaners after it was sleeping on a 142, it's a nuisance can't get your work done when people are taking pics of it.

It's a working railway cat that some people have happened to have noticed and got worked up, they used to be ten a penny and a few still are about - I'm not surprised it got a bit shirty :oops:

I've known a few railway cats over the years and while they tend to be friendly enough, by definition they're also hard as nails and only interact on their own terms!

Perhaps the internet phenomenon thing has gone a bit far though. Making an over 100 mile round trip to see a cat which has free roam seems a bit daft to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.