• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newport Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Hi,

Are Newport Bus (South Wales) trying out some new vehicles? I was in Newport Bus Station for about half an hour this morning and saw the following:

1x Alexander-Dennis Enviro300 (SN09 CGX, IIRC)
1x Mercedes-Benz Citaro (painted silver so poss. demo. BF60 OEZ)
1x Scania Omnicity double-decker (YT11 LSE)

The double-deck Scania could be a replacement for YT11 LUD which, I heard, self-destructed and is likely to be marked for the scrap heap. The Citaro and the Scania were both on Service 30 (Newport - Cardiff) while the Enviro was on the 8A / 8C routes.

Are NB expecting more new vehicles?

HTIOI,
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mr Spock

I think YT11LSE is a demonstrator as it has been used by various companies over the last few months.

DaveHarries

Established Member
I think YT11LSE is a demonstrator as it has been used by various companies over the last few months.
What colour do Scania paint their demos then? YT11 LSE was allover white with Newport Bus logos and legals when I saw it today.

Dave

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
YT11LSE has always been in allover white - Scania seem to have no consistent demonstrator livery, as I've seen plain white, plain metallic blue and blue and silver!

sonic2009

Established Member
Astons of Worcester, have an old Scania Demonstrator and that is painted in blue.

Nevasleep

From Flickr it seems Newport might be getting 6 new scana double deckers later this month, previously it was thought Enviro 400s.
I'd be surprised if they got any Citaros, as the Newport depot is an Alexander Dennis service partner right? So most new buses now will probably be those, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.