• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newquay-man pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
:idea::idea:Was the man pic-newquay today a hst???:idea::idea:

I'm pretty sure it was, there was three XC services today formed up of HSTs with the formations and all the other useful gen.

Thanks to the joys of working with First, :)

455driver

Veteran Member
The Man Picc to Newquay (and Paignton) will only be a HST on the last 2 weeks of July and the 4 Saturdays in August. They will be formed of hired in stock.

Aictos

Established Member
The Man Picc to Newquay (and Paignton) will only be a HST on the last 2 weeks of July and the 4 Saturdays in August. They will be formed of hired in stock.

It's a pity I can't get the gen back but I know 3 services were advertised as HSTs today as it gave the formations and I'm pretty sure that train was one of them.

Granted I might be wrong but I'm 99% sure I saw that route as one of the three booked services.

I'm not doubting you as I have no reason to see hired in HSTs working any Cross Country service unless they're on loan to East Coast of course.

EltonRoad

I've no idea what the latest is, but I do know that in previous years it's been worked by an HST on the two May bank holiday weekends (ie this one and next), then reverted to Voyager till peak season, then HST.

devon_metro

Established Member
I'm pretty sure it was, there was three XC services today formed up of HSTs with the formations and all the other useful gen.

Thanks to the joys of working with First, :)

It wasn't, was a Voyager.

The 0758 Manchester - Paignton was an HST however.

Established Member
The 0758 Manchester - Paignton was an HST however.

the formation being 43285+XC01+43321. The train was pretty empty by the time I joined at Stoke-On-Trent.

The train manager even advised people to take care when alighting at Stockport, before the train slowly passed through Non-Stop, to the surprise of the few passengers who were standing at the doors, waiting to get off. :lol:

Last edited:

thehstman

the hsts yesturday where

Glasgow Central - Newquay
Manchester Picc - Paignton
Newquay - Dundee

455driver

Veteran Member
Have a look at post number 4, it isn't difficult to find, it is between 3 and 5 as normal!
It is even quoted in post 5 incase you miss it.
All it takes is 2 minutes to read through the thread it isn't even that long yet.

Established Member
does anywhon know if the manchester-newquay will be a hst later on in the year

Personally I don't think it's going to happen from looking at the XC Journeyplanner, although that's not to say I would not like to see a Tram on it.

But you can Never say Never with something like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.