• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

News: Overhead powerline falls on train (Norway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta-toget

An overhead powerline fell onto a commuter/local train near Rosenholm Station (near Oslo) on Wednesday afternoon, causing some windows to smash. According to NRK's article (in Norwegian), 70 passengers were evacuated, 2 with minor injuries. The incident was reported to the police at 16:40. The train was believed to be live, restricting efforts, until the area was earthed at 17:17. This means that the line between Oslo and Ski is closed. There is supposed to be a grass-fire by the line, but they are not sure if the two events are connected, but it will delay the resumption of service.

Ledning falt ned på tog i Oslo: – Jeg hørte et brak​

En kjøreledning falt onsdag ettermiddag over et togsett ved Rosenholm togstasjon. Rundt 70 passasjerer ble evakuert, og to fikk lettere skader.
Kjøreledning
Toget ved Rosenholm stasjon fremstod først som strømførende, men klokken 17.17 var området jordet.
Foto: Fredrik Hagen / NTB

Meldingen som kom inn til politiet klokken 16.40 gikk ut på at det skulle være skadde personer og knuste ruter.

– Vi har så langt ikke kommet over noen som er alvorlig skadd, men det gjøres et omfattende arbeid på stedet. Vi er nødt til å gå forsiktig frem fordi togsettet fremstår som strømførende, sa operasjonsleder Vidar Pedersen rett etter at nødetatene hadde ankommet stedet.

Rundt 70 personer var om bord på toget. Klokken 17.17 fikk politiet bekreftet at brannvesenet var ferdig med jordingsarbeidet. Toget var da ikke lenger strømførende.

– Vi startet deretter evakueringen av dem som befant seg på toget. Det gikk fort, og etter fem minutter var alle ute, sier Pedersen.

– Hørte et brak​

Han forteller videre at to personer med mindre sårskader fikk tilsyn av ambulanse. Politiet skal nå avhøre de ansatte og noen av passasjerene på stedet.

– Jeg må berømme passasjerene som forholdt seg rolig i påvente av evakuering, sier Pedersen.

En kjøreledning har falt ned over et tog ved Rosenholm stasjon i Oslo.
Det vil bli satt opp busser for de evakuerte passasjerene.
Foto: Privat

Lea Schürch Sandvik er en av de 70 evakuerte passasjerene som satt på toget. Hun hadde vindusplass og forteller at hun plutselig hørte et brak.

– Det var ledningen som hadde slått inn i vinduet. De bak meg fikk kuttskader, men de sa det gikk fint. Vi fikk alle glasskår over oss.

Etter noen minutters venting inne i toget fikk de beskjed om at det var strømførende, og at de måtte evakueres.

Lea Schürch Sandvik
Lea Schürch Sandvik lurte først om det var et tre som hadde falt over toget. – Jeg så ingenting, jeg hørte bare et brak, sier hun.
Foto: Bård Nafstad / NRK

– Kan ta tid​

Kommunikasjonssjef Tiril Rake Helgesen i Vy forteller at kjøreledningen falt ned på strekningen ved Rosenholm.

– Så kom toget og kjørte på denne. Da ble det litt bruduljer om bord.

Strekningen mellom Oslo S og Ski er stengt for togtrafikk.

– Kjøreledningen ligger nede, så det kan ta tid før det er ryddet opp.

Brann ved sporet​

Pressevakt Olav Nordli i Bane Nor sier at de har rutiner de nå skal følge.

– Strømmen vil bli koblet ut og så videre, og så tar vi det derfra.

– Hvor lang tid vil dette ta?

– Det har jeg ikke grunnlag for å si noe om. Det er også en brann ved sporet, så vi har to ulike hendelser her. Men det vil ta tid.

Operasjonsleder Espen Stabell i Øst 110-sentral sier det er vanskelig å si om denne gressbrannen har noe med kontaktledningen som har falt ned å gjøre.

– Det er jo påfallende at det skjer samtidig, men hva som har medført gressbrannen kan jeg ikke uttale meg sikkert om. Men jeg kan bekrefte at det ikke er mer enn rundt hundre meter fra stasjonen.

Brannen var på rundt 50 kvadratmeter, og det kom melding om den og kjøreledningen omtrent samtidig, forteller han.
Translation (from Google):

Wire fell on train in Oslo: - I heard a crash​

An overhead line fell on Wednesday afternoon over a train set at Rosenholm train station. Around 70 passengers were evacuated, and two were slightly injured.

Overhead contact line

The train at Rosenholm station first appeared to be live, but at 17.17 the area was earthed.
Photo: Fredrik Hagen / NTB

The message that arrived at the police at 16.40 was that there were injured people and broken windows.

- We have so far not come across anyone who is seriously injured, but extensive work is being done on site. We have to proceed cautiously because the train set appears to be live, said operations manager Vidar Pedersen right after the emergency services had arrived at the site.

Around 70 people were on board the train. At 17.17, the police received confirmation that the fire brigade had finished the grounding work. The train was then no longer live.

- We then started the evacuation of those who were on the train. It went fast, and after five minutes everyone was out, Pedersen says.

An overhead line fell over a train at Rosenholm train station.

The overhead line broke through a window.
Photo: Mariann Strand / NRK

- Heard a crash​

He further says that two people with minor wounds were supervised by an ambulance. The police will now interrogate the employees and some of the passengers on the spot.

- I must praise the passengers who remained calm in anticipation of evacuation, Pedersen says.

An overhead line has fallen over a train at Rosenholm station in Oslo.

Buses will be set up for the evacuated passengers.
Photo: Private

Lea Schürch Sandvik is one of the 70 evacuated passengers who sat on the train. She had window space and says that she suddenly heard a crash.

- It was the cord that had slammed into the window. Those behind me got cuts, but they said it went well. We all got shards of glass all over us.

After a few minutes of waiting inside the train, they were told that it was live and that they had to be evacuated.

Lea Schürch Sandvik

Lea Schürch Sandvik first wondered if a tree had fallen over the train. - I saw nothing, I only heard a crash, she says.
Photo: Bård Nafstad / NRK

- Can take time​

Communications manager Tiril Rake Helgesen in Vy says that the overhead line fell down on the stretch by Rosenholm.

- Then the train came and rode on this one. Then there were some bridal oils on board.

The section between Oslo S and Ski is closed to train traffic.

- The overhead line is down, so it may take time before it is cleaned up.

Fire at the track​

Press officer Olav Nordli in Bane Nor says that they have routines they must now follow.

- The power will be disconnected and so on, and then we take it from there.

- How long will this take?

- I have no basis for saying anything about that. There is also a fire at the track, so we have two different incidents here. But it will take time.

An overhead line fell over a train at Rosenholm train station.

Neither Bane Nor nor Vy know how long it will take before the trains can run as normal on the route again.
Photo: Mariann Strand / NRK

Operations Manager Espen Stabell in Øst 110-sentral says it is difficult to say whether this grass fire has anything to do with the overhead line that has fallen down.

- It is striking that it happens at the same time, but what has caused the grass fire, I can not say for sure. But I can confirm that it is not more than about a hundred meters from the station.

The fire was about 50 square meters, and there were reports of it and the overhead line at about the same time, he says.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Is this a railway electrification line or a grid power line passing over the railway?

It's very unusual for an overhead line to remain live after contact with the ground or a train, particularly with 15kV (as in Norway) or 25kV electrification or higher voltage grid lines.

Gloster

Established Member
The line reopened early on Thursday (the following day), but with Single-Line Working in force. A return to normal working is not expected until Sunday lunchtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.