• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikar

From 22nd this month, there will be no need for visas for me to travel to UK.

Confirmed today: EasyJet flies from 30th June to my home town Rijeka with a price of 30 euros. I've talked to my parents, and we might come to UK to wander arround for a few days in the summer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

That is very cheap. But id never fly easy jet, after watching Airline in the UK it looks bad. But it sounds good :) We have to pay £700 per person to go to the UK :(

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
That is very cheap. But id never fly easy jet, after watching Airline in the UK it looks bad. But it sounds good :)

easyJet are slightly poor at time keeping however they are miles better than Ryanair. O' Leary wants Ryanair to be exactly like Southwest Airlines in America (You proberly heard of it Gareth) however Ryanair lack one important thing, Customer Service.

Good News ikar! :)

Gareth Hale

Yep, ive heard of them. They're terrible. I occasionally see their TV programme Airline, on the Arts and Entertainment channel. Its basically the same programme as Airline UK with easyjet.

Coxster

Established Member
ikar said:
Confirmed today: EasyJet flies from 30th June to my home town Rijeka with a price of 30 euros. I've talked to my parents, and we might come to UK to wander arround for a few days in the summer.
If you want, you could arrange a meet or something if you wanted to meet some of us.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Coxster said:
If you want, you could arrange a meet or something if you wanted to meet some of us.

HINT: The NORTH of England is good ;);)

Jim

Established Member
laverack222 said:
HINT: The NORTH of England is good ;);)

What was that, you complemented the south, o, hang on, typo on your behalf was it
;lol:;)

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
I've heard the South is even better.

Dunno who you heard it from then, must be another one of those scam people. ;) The North is far more superior. 8-)
--- edited ---
Gareth Hale said:
I agree with the north, because the north has pacers :cheers::cheers:

South Wales, perhaps?

Gareth Hale

Chaz said:
Dunno who you heard it from then, must be another one of those scam people. ;) The North is far more superior. 8-)
--- edited ---

South Wales, perhaps?

There is more in Pacer Land :):) But those pacers down south are cool 8-)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In rail terms, I find northern stations generally far more interesting. Is it me, or do more have trainsheds?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeed, because we actually got our lot refurbished...

As for the North V South, it's neither. The West rules supreme! At least the North has Manchester Piccadilly and Leeds. But we've got Bristol and Reading in the South, which in mose cases I'd prefer!

EDIT: Good news ikar, we'll be sure to welcome you over to the UK when you come over! If you want us to that is.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
:eek: Are you telling me that people live north of Birmingham!! :eek: :p ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It was a shock when I discovered people live north of Milton Keynes, but :o WOW! :p ;)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gareth Hale said:
Yep, quite a lot of country north of Milton Keynes.

Most of which Southerners would badge as uninhabitable though ;)

nutter

Easy way to settle the North South thing. Go to birmingham, it's known as the City in the middle of the contry and there is no shortage of places to go, even for the wives (thank god for the Bullring :lol:)

Gareth Hale

Yep, I noticed the sarcasm there, very good :-P

-- From this day forewards, ill will act as mature as possible and try to get info. on trains, simulators and general news, as i've learnt to grow up from my childlike behaviours -- :)

--Edit--
That also is the end of those crazy and pathetic noises that I sent to you late at night TC and others :)

Dave A

Gareth Hale said:
Yep, quite a lot of country north of Milton Keynes.
Quite a lot of country south of Leicester Square, its called Hyde Park :p ;)

What was this topic about again? Oh yeh...

Well, London is great for sight-seeing
Birmingham is great for curries
Manchesters great for Manchester United
Newcastles great for ?
Liverpools great for music
The whole of Scotland is great if you need a few mins alone

Also, five things you shouldn't be without when visiting the UK:

1) An umbrella - I can garuntee it will rain for the first time in ages when you visit!
2) Snow Boots - YES, ITS SNOWING IN MARCH, MORE THAN ITS RAINED IN 5 MONTHS!
3) An Oyster Card - Its proven that tourists and ignorant Londoners will pay £1.50 to go 3 stops down the road!
4) A Solicitor (Lawyer) - If the police "accidently" shoot at you, or arrest you for being a suspected terrorist suspect, then this could come in handy!
5) MONEY - And plenty of it! It costs 50p for a can of Coca Cola at Russel Square, but it can cost upto £1.50 in Holborn! (See Piccadilly Line on Tube Map)

:D :D :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
...Newcastle United, Newcastle Brown Ale, GNER HSTs, regular service to London, albeit most of them being run by coffins...Tyne and Wear Metro too, FTPX 158s as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.