• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Next heritage extensions/stations to open/reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuneatonmark

On a similar topic to the which extension would you like to see, what actual firm extensions/station openings are on the cards for the next couple of years?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
The Llangollen Railway's extension to Corwen is already underway, and nearing completion. I believe they're hoping to open by the end of the year.

Flying Phil

Established Member
The GCR is making steady progress towards "Bridging the Gap" with work already underway on the canal bridge refurbishment. However I think it will be more than a couple of years before the embankment is rebuilt and the gap filled....

duffield

Established Member
The mid-Norfolk railway is slowly creeping North from Dereham to County School Station (which they own), currently specials have operated as far as North Elmham (just short of the level crossing). I believe they may intend to construct a temporary platform there soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.