• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Next set of strike dates announced for Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Because they haven't got round to announcing them yet. It can be safely assumed that Saturdays will be strike days for the foreseeable future.

But it does strike as odd as the previous couple announcements have been for the entire month.

I suspect Old Cashy has something up his sleeve

PR1Berske

Established Member
But it does strike as odd as the previous couple announcements have been for the entire month.

I suspect Old Cashy has something up his sleeve
Monday-Friday perhaps? Hit people who are now used to Saturdays with an unexpected ask week virtual shutdown. Something would have to give after that.

Ianigsy

They might have been people returning to Bradford who had previously travelled out on Grand Central Trains or any Northern trains which were running earlier in the day.

Quite possibly, although most of those who boarded at Halifax looked like teenagers/students going out for the night and presumably getting the last bus home. I suppose it's equally possible that some of them used Metro's journey planner and saw that it was still running.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Can anyone confirm that Saturday 9th Feb is a strike day please and what Northern services are likely to be affected?

Edit: Just seen it is a strike day so will there be replacement buses? I'm planning to travel from Darlington

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Edit: Just seen it is a strike day so will there be replacement buses? I'm planning to travel from Darlington

You can find the strike day timetable for the Saturday just gone here on their main Strike page. It's been basically the same timetable for quite a while now so you'd probably be relative safe planning around it. In theory Arriva buses will also accept rail tickets but I've not tested that theory.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
You can find the strike day timetable for the Saturday just gone here on their main Strike page. It's been basically the same timetable for quite a while now so you'd probably be relative safe planning around it. In theory Arriva buses will also accept rail tickets but I've not tested that theory.

Ok thanks, will also check nearer the time

Status
Not open for further replies.