• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Next Signalling School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimjim

Hi all,

I've recently been offered a role as a signaller, and was wondering when the next signalling school will be?

I've got my medical on Wednesday, and fingers crossed that should all be fine, I'm just starting to think about handing in notice at my current job, I know they're rather stubborn if you ask for a shorter notice period.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

You need to bug HR regularly if that's the case. Signalling School doesn't run regularly, they schedule classes as and when they need to. You need to tell them you need a start date (when NR will start paying you) with at least (YOUR NOTICE) amount of time in advance.

jackson2016

Hi Slimjim!

I've just received an offer for a signalling post too.
I haven't had a start date yet but a guy at HR mentioned that they were trying to get me on a course mid/late August.

If I get a definite start date I will post on here.

Slimjim

Thanks for your replies.

I've verbally passed my medical this morning and just awaiting DnA results, but they should be fine.

Spoke to HR and they said they won't give a start date until the DnA results are back.

Mid August works as that gives plenty of time for notice.

Mikesig

Thanks for your replies.

I've verbally passed my medical this morning and just awaiting DnA results, but they should be fine.

Spoke to HR and they said they won't give a start date until the DnA results are back.

Mid August works as that gives plenty of time for notice.

HR told me that too back in January but my LOM had already told me the date he had booked me into signalling school. Might be worth speaking to your LOM and if they haven't already booked you a place see if they will do it. That will give you a date to work to for giving your notice etc.

Mikesig

Slimjim, I have my medical next week.
What does it entail?
Cheers!

Blood pressure, eye sight test, hearing test, several questions about your general health, breathalyser and pee in the bottle for the drugs test.
They should be able to tell you that you have passed everything apart from the drugs test before you leave (assuming that you have). Drugs test results take a couple of days and are sent direct to NR. The first you will know that you have totally passed is when HR get in touch.

jackson2016

Blood pressure, eye sight test, hearing test, several questions about your general health, breathalyser and pee in the bottle for the drugs test.
They should be able to tell you that you have passed everything apart from the drugs test before you leave (assuming that you have). Drugs test results take a couple of days and are sent direct to NR. The first you will know that you have totally passed is when HR get in touch.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.