• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NFM 64 fare query

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Please could some kind soul look up the fare for Barton on Humber (BAU) to Doncaster (DON) in NFM64? I am using it to see if Doncaster is an appropriate destination routeing point for Barton to Gainsborough. The routeing point calculator shows no fare and I can't access the data on this machine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Thanks. Makes this an interesting case as all three destination routeing points fail the fares check and there are no direct trains, thus it is valid only by the shortest route over which a regular passenger service operates, which arguably limits it to Brigg, which has a regular Saturday only service. I suppose on the other five days a week (six in summer) you could argue validity via Lincoln but it is tenuous.

As the saver is priced by LNER, I suspect it is intended to be valid via Doncaster and Retford. Indeed, it is priced to a cluster including Retford.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Thanks. Makes this an interesting case as all three destination routeing points fail the fares check and there are no direct trains, thus it is valid only by the shortest route over which a regular passenger service operates, which arguably limits it to Brigg, which has a regular Saturday only service. I suppose on the other five days a week (six in summer) you could argue validity via Lincoln but it is tenuous.

As the saver is priced by LNER, I suspect it is intended to be valid via Doncaster and Retford. Indeed, it is priced to a cluster including Retford.

What routes do any journey planners suggest?

clagmonster

Established Member
WebTis has:
Permitted:
Gainsborough Central via Brigg
Lea Road via Lincoln
Lea Road via Doncaster
Lea Road via Doncaster and Retford

Not permitted:
Central via Doncaster and Retford
Lea Road via Lincoln (same route - different itinerary)

Not quite sure how it has arrived at that

Status
Not open for further replies.