• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night Riviera 1A40 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mralexn

Tonight 1A40 is due to leave Plymouth at 00:03 Instead of the normal 23:51
And it has been given 1 Hour to travel between Plymouth and Totnes
This is a Journey that is often done in 27 Mins for anyone that does not know.

My question is, why has it been given so much time?
Is there some form of late night engineering works going on between the 2 stations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Must be some form of engineering work going on, I forget if bi-di is set up as far as there or if it's single line working at 50mph with a pilot or something.

Either case it's given all that time from Plymouth, and it's arrived 16 mins late at Totnes!!

causton

Established Member
Must be some form of engineering work going on, I forget if bi-di is set up as far as there or if it's single line working at 50mph with a pilot or something.

Either case it's given all that time from Plymouth, and it's arrived 16 mins late at Totnes!!

In any case it will make it up as it waits at Reading for 20 minutes so will definitely be on time at PAD I'm guessing!

Weird how it's timetabled on the passenger timetable as arriving at 04:00 but actually the Working Timetable shows it as 04:05! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.