• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night Riviera seated coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

87electric

Does anyone have a PDF document for the seating plan on the seated coach A of the Padd-Penzance Night Riviera? I'm in the middle of booking and i have been given 04F Window at the moment. Now is that sitting opposite another seat?
I have the Caledonian seated plans but i think they differ as their 04 is not a window seat. I'm really trying to avoid the awkwardness of sharing leg room opposite someone else.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plymothian

The Night Riviera is the old 2+1 layout of the mkIII coaches, so every seat is a table with no airline style

34D

Established Member
The Night Riviera is the old 2+1 layout of the mkIII coaches, so every seat is a table with no airline style

I seem to recall sitting in an individual seat in the BFO.... But happy to be wrong.

Note that it is a nightmare, lights stay on full, and you will get negligible sleep. If you can afford the extra £45 (for berth and free breakfast) do it.

wintonian

Established Member
I seem to recall sitting in an individual seat in the BFO.... But happy to be wrong.

Note that it is a nightmare, lights stay on full, and you will get negligible sleep. If you can afford the extra £45 (for berth and free breakfast) do it.

I belive they do provide eye masks though.

TEW

Established Member
In Coach A the lights are dimmed overnight but in Coach B the lights remain on full. Generally reservations are placed in Coach A until it is full. All the seats are 2+1 and at a table though apart from a wheelchair space in Coach B.

34D

Established Member
In Coach A the lights are dimmed overnight but in Coach B the lights remain on full. Generally reservations are placed in Coach A until it is full. All the seats are 2+1 and at a table though apart from a wheelchair space in Coach B.

Are you sure? I didn't notice any dimming when I travelled in coach A (the BFO).

Where abouts is seat 1F, PAD or PNZ end?

When in coach A that is

The set can be either way round, due to the great variety of routes that may be taken (I have been on it when it reversed at Exeter, for example).

I _think_ seat 1 is at the non-brake end, ie the end that is next to coach B, but I may be muddled.

CC 72100

Established Member
I _think_ seat 1 is at the non-brake end, ie the end that is next to coach B, but I may be muddled.

Yes, you are right. I had that seat reserved when I used the service in May from Penzance to Exeter.

RJ

Established Member
Does anyone have a PDF document for the seating plan on the seated coach A of the Padd-Penzance Night Riviera? I'm in the middle of booking and i have been given 04F Window at the moment. Now is that sitting opposite another seat?
I have the Caledonian seated plans but i think they differ as their 04 is not a window seat. I'm really trying to avoid the awkwardness of sharing leg room opposite someone else.
Thanks.

If you wish to have your own space and privacy, then it's advisable to pay for the berth accomodation.

rail-britain

Established Member
All seats are opposite another seat
The nearest Seat Plan you can use is HST Low Density, Coach G, up to seat set 18

TEW

Established Member
Are you sure? I didn't notice any dimming when I travelled in coach A (the BFO).
Yes, they are normally dimmed although the guard might have switched the lighting on to full for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.