• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NIR / IE station usage figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Hi all,

In Britain the ORR publish yearly figures for each station's usage. Is there an equivalent for Northern / Republic of Ireland's railways? I can't find anything on the NIR site (what a surprise), nor IE; and a Bing search shows nothing useful.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IR-Mark4/ICR

Irish Rail only publish the number of passengers who use the rail line such as Dublin-Cork or Dublin-Galway etc. The Belfast line is one of the least used in passenger terms which is no suprise.

PFX

The Belfast line is one of the least used in passenger terms which is no suprise.

I take it you mean the Belfast - Dublin line which, if you do, it's no wonder people don't use it when it's just as fast to drive between the two cities now. Random cancellations due to people of limited intelligence causing line closures doesn't help matters either.

As far as I know, passenger numbers are on the up and up for NIR although it seems they have a good bit of staff cuts planned as part of cost-cutting. It might be worth trawling the NI Assembly website questions section http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/Assembly-Business/Questions/ searching specifically, questions to the Minister for Regional Development. Chances are he's been asked about this.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
As far as I know, passenger numbers are on the up and up for NIR although it seems they have a good bit of staff cuts planned as part of cost-cutting. It might be worth trawling the NI Assembly website questions section http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/Assembly-Business/Questions/ searching specifically, questions to the Minister for Regional Development. Chances are he's been asked about this.

Not quite what you want, but from earlier this month, passenger journeys broken down by route:

http://aims.niassembly.gov.uk/questions/printquestionsummary.aspx?docid=128691

Some quick crunching in a spreadsheet reveals NIR annual totals for the last five financial years as follows:

2006/7: 7,721,000
2007/8: 8,619,000 (+11.63%)
2008/9: 9,405,000 (+9.12%)
2009/10: 9,253,000 (-1.62%)
20010/11: 9,605,000 (+3.8%)

Last edited:

Balloonhead

Hi all,not sure if this is the right place but does anyone have a postal address for NI Railways HR Dept?
I'm a fully qualified driver & am looking to relocate to Northern Ireland for family reasons. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I T S

NIRAILWAY HUMAN RESOURCES
CENTRAL STATION
EAST BRIDGE STREET
BELFAST
BT1 3PB

028 90899400 if you need to phone them

Balloonhead

Thank you I T S,really appreciate that. I considered applying for the CSC position at Lisburn but would rather remain driving.....obviously!

MattE2010,my family & I are looking to move to Northern Ireland for personal reasons. As I stated above,I would,in an ideal world,like to remain in the driving grade! :)

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
MattE2010,my family & I are looking to move to Northern Ireland for personal reasons. As I stated above,I would,in an ideal world,like to remain in the driving grade! :)

Ignore what you said, actually realised what you were saying just before your replied! I can't find it ATM, but if you phone or email NIR they may be able to help :)

Enjoy NI by the way, stunning country.

I T S

Maybe suggest contacting the Drivers Standard Manager in Translink? I can contact you off board if you wish to go through him....

Status
Not open for further replies.