• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NLR Vintage Transport Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

Today was an interesting day full of twists and turns, so I shall tell the story here.

The Locomotive today was Vanguard. A Polish TKh.

DSC01898small.JPG

Here is the loco with the train

DSC01899small.JPG

The Works Plate

DSC01900small.JPG

The Name Plate

DSC01901small.JPG

After a successful run, I took a picture of the BR logo on our well restored one-half of a 117 DMU (The other half is a about gone) If you want, you can use this logo as long as I am creditied for it :) .

Then, Disaster, The Ejector Valve on Vanguard got blocked, meaning a Vacumm was impossible, after 45 mins waiting, we decided to bring out the 08 Shunter from Tyseley.

DSC01902small.JPG

The Loco with the train.

DSC01903small.JPG

The Loco Number

After the 08 had run one journey, Vanguard was fixed, we were able to repair it under steam. The loco was then attached, and the rest of the day was clockwork :) .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
The TkH doesn't look too out of place... goes to show how much they can help new gen lines.

Just out of interest, how did the 08 fare with the train? Was the timetable kept?

Cockfosters said:
The TkH doesn't look too out of place... goes to show how much they can help new gen lines.

Just out of interest, how did the 08 fare with the train? Was the timetable kept?

Well the timings were right, although the loco swap made us 2 mins late :? The engine coped well :) It only arrived on Thursday. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.