• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

nnetwork question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxy321

I have a West Midlands nnetwork monthly season ticket which comprises 3 parts:

1. photocard.
2. nnetwork standard ticket (bus, train, metro).
3. 1st class train upgrade ticket.

2 & 3 get sent every month in separate envelopes at great expense. Can someone tell me why they can't just print '1st' on the orange ticket and just send one each month?

Attachments

• upgrade_first_DD.jpg
    upgrade_first_DD.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 77
  • nnetwork_DD.jpg
    nnetwork_DD.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 75
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
It could be for the same reason that prevents them from printing your photocard number with the rest of the ticket. Eventually, I'm sure they plan for you to start using a smart card. When that happens, they may not need to write to you ever again.

boxy321

It could be for the same reason that prevents them from printing your photocard number with the rest of the ticket. Eventually, I'm sure they plan for you to start using a smart card. When that happens, they may not need to write to you ever again.

I had a 'Swift' card when I was bus only. They are absolutely crap. It can take 12 seconds to register the card in the morning which is great when there's 45 students waiting behind you to get on.

kieron

Established Member
I had a 'Swift' card when I was bus only. They are absolutely crap. It can take 12 seconds to register the card in the morning which is great when there's 45 students waiting behind you to get on.
I can believe that. What I was trying to say was that they may be reluctant to do X, Y and Z because they plan to make bigger changes at some point in the future. This can happen even if X, Y or Z is a simple change which would be expected to cover its costs long before the bigger changes could conceivably happen.

It's just a guess, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.